Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned in Curley World.

I joined the female Pittsfield High School Retirees for breakfast yesterday morning at The Misty Moonlight Dinner. Good thing that I went with Linda because only three more retirees showed up. I fit in very well with the ladies conversationally wise. As many of you know, I am never at a loss for words.

I left breakfast and the women since I had my own car, and visited with dad in the nursing home. He was once again in good spirits. He had just come back from therapy. We chatted for a little while, and a second therapist came in to get him for another round of therapy.

While I was taking an afternoon nap, Linda went off to a late afternoon matinee with a friend who is very difficult to catch up with. Her friend is always on the move, taking Salsa Dance Classes, sculpting, working out at the gym, volunteering on various boards throughout the State. If she is not doing that stuff she is traveling somewhere in the world. If you ever tried showing up at her doorstep, she would mostly likely not be home.

After the movie was over, she headed off with an Irish Sister City friend to the Shamrock Pub in Dalton.

When I came home from the UNICO Hall of Fame Dinner, and told her that people were asking where she was, how great the food was at the event, she wasn’t a happy camper. I told her that it was going to be mostly men attending the event even though we have several women in UNICO right now. Well, this wasn’t the case. She will be with me next year for sure!

Toward the end of the evening , which was just about the time that the wait staff brought out dessert, one of our members at another table passed out. He fell out of his chair and fell on the carpeted floor at the ITAM. The UNICO brother is a few years younger than me. Someone called 911, but he was sitting in his chair when they arrived. I left before they EMY finished dealing with him. I do hope that they let the ambulance crew took him to the hospital. If it was me, I would have wanted to know if I had the beginnings of a serious medical issue. I would have wanted to have EKG done on me. Sometimes it is a simple thing like an electrolyte imbalance which can be fixed, but there could be some blockage issues in the arteries.

National and Political news is pretty calm on all fronts. The Super Committee will be working this weekend in Washington to hopefully bring the upcoming budget issues to a conclusion. I am sure sure if they will finish their business before the tentative deadline!

I am in my Retro Fitness clothes and I will be heading out the door for the 6 AM opening time on the weekends. I will once again bring dad his favorite newspaper when I visit him in the nursing home.

Linda had her eyes on a bunch of crafts fairs in the County. I am not sure if she expects me to accompany her to these fairs.

I will need an afternoon nap if I am going to last through dinner, and the 8 PM Comedy Show at the Crowne Plaza. We will be attending this UNICO sponsored event with our West Stockbridge Friends. Our Irish Sister friends are attending a function at the Polish Falcon Hall otherwise we would have gone with them. I thought that Linda and I were mostly Italian and Irish, but for some reason we are now attending Polish functions too.

Well, as we approach Thanksgiving, I am really psyched. It will be so nice to be with Kevin, Kyla, Max, and Kyla’s dad who lives in downtown Boston. If we ever get bored, we can go one street over from their house and sample some of their desserts at the Brodeur’s.

A vegan would not have like the roast beef dinner that we had last evening at the ITAM. The fork tender beef was piled high on each plate. Linda would have asked for a to go container. I better stop taking about the dinner last night because this just upsets her even more.

I put out 7 mouse traps in the garage the other day. I am losing the battle. This batch of super mice eats the bait, but don’t seem to be eliminated in the traps that I am using. I might have to tie the bait to the trap. These mice are making fun of me, but I am going to win this battle.

Have a great weekend!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: