Friday, January 28, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

Some of my e-mail recipients really got into what they learned by way of a Catholic education.
I didn't mention Limbo as someone pointed out because I thought it pertained to like a child who died before being baptized. All of the Catholics in my blog have been baptized.
Well I guess Albert and Vinny were correct, I should have more forgiveness in my heart. I will have to work on that a little more.

Tiger did participate in the first round a golf tournament on Thursday. He is 5 strokes off of the lead, but he did shoot a 69. The PGA is very happy that he is in the hunt because golf viewing took a hit when Tiger was struggling with his own life, and his golf game.

The fundraiser for NAMI went well yesterday. We served close to 150 a Chicken Parmesan Dinner with all the fixings. They had me draw the 50/50 ticket. The person won $266. Our friend the radio show host Bill Sturgeon won a huge baskets of alcohol related items. You would think that a mental health organization would stay away from alcohol products since this usually is the root of many people who have problems.

Politics -- We democrats really enjoyed the President's State of the Union speech. I saw a couple of staunch Republicans at the fundraiser last night. They thought his speech didn't say to much. At least this President has command of the English Language. I said this to my two friends, and one said "Bring back Bush!" These same two people have a few bucks, and I said that their portfolio's are starting to make comeback. They must have short term memories of how hard that they were hit a couple of years ago as Bush left office.

One of our close friends had cataract surgery yesterday. She gets her second eye done in a couple of weeks. I will be so happy to see her read a book or menu without her nose touching the article which she is looking at. She will be happy too and realize that she should have had it done years ago.

Kevin struggled shoveling snow yesterday because his non heavy duty snow blower broke a belt. I will bet that he has an aching back today. Kevin stayed home with Max because his daycare center was closed.

Well, I am going to cut this email short because I have decided to do a little ice fishing for at least a half of the day. It is only 11 degrees right now, but it will warm up to 28 degrees.
I am going to pack a lunch and some coffee, and head off to Laurel Lake in Lee. They have a boat ramp where I can sit in my car and do a little reading while waiting for a flag to go up.
Trout and Salmon are what I am trying to catch today. I will update you in the morning.

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: