Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

I hope that your Friday went well. For one of our friends, it went very well. He joined the ranks of we retirees. His wife has a couple more months of work, and they will be a retired couple like the Curley's. When Monday morning rolls around, and he doesn't have to get up and go to work, retirement will be a reality. I said: "Have a nice day at work" to Linda for a whole school year before she decided that she should call it a career too. Retirement sounds like a wonderful concept, but there are some adjustments which have to be made. Being together 24/7 isn't as easy as it seems. Linda could speak about that issue. Our male friend has some similar traits which could drive his wife a little crazy like I do with Linda. He does play golf, and loves it much more than I do. I can see him playing golf every day of the week. Since their second home down south borders a golf course, golf will be a year around event for him.

We celebrated his retirement by going to a place which serves red meat last night. The price fixed meal was wonderful. Our Prime Ribs were cooked to perfection. A soup or salad, dessert and coffee as well as the main meal was part of the fixed price meal.

Political unrest in Egypt over then past few days has that country in turmoil. Egypt is an ally of the United States. I hope that Egypt can bring resolution to their political unrest without the United States becoming involved.

Weather - We will be having snow showers for a good portion of today which could give us up to a couple more inches of snow. Our local newspaper said that January has been the snowiest month on record here in Pittsfield. Boston is above average in snow fall. Just ask our son Kevin how he feels about the snow which has fallen at the Eastern end of the State.
We have the possibility of some light snow next Wednesday including Boston.

Social Calendar -- We are off to the Annual Rotary Auction at the Crowne Plaza Hotel this evening. The doors open at 5 PM. We are going with the usual suspects, but I do have some extra tickets for anyone else who would like to join us.

Sports -- My Celtics lost last evening in Arizona. They have a big game against the Los Angeles Lakers this Sunday.
Tiger shot another 69 during the second round of the golf tournament which he is playing in. He is still behind the leader, but he is within striking distance of the leader. Go Tiger!

Well, I have some quiet chores to do. I have to check on my live bait which I purchased on Friday, but did not use. I just left all of my ice-fishing gear in the Subaru. I think that I will do some ice fishing at a different pond on Sunday.

Have a great Saturday and Sunday.
Talk to you soon.
The Curley Lad

No comments: