Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Sunday went very well for the Curley's.
Max slept for 12 straight hours which was from 7 Pm on New Year's Day until 7 am on Sunday morning. Even though he is the energizer bunny during his waking hours, he eats well, and sleeps well. it was nice last night not to have the two dogs sleeping with me. The dogs are just as much work as taking care of Max.

When Max went down from his morning nap, I took down all of the outside decorations. There isn't a hint of Christmas on the outside of our house. I also took done the sensor candles in the window.

I also hosed down our two cars trying to remove the salt from them and Kevin' s car too when they arrived from New York City. They arrived at half time of the Patriot game. They stayed with us for about 30 minutes before they departed for their home. They did give us a gift certificate for a local pub for our childcare efforts.

After they left, Linda and I went into clean up mode. I was in charge of picking up toys on two floors. Linda went into her vacuuming, and removing all hints that two dogs, and one child had been there for several days.

While my e-mail recipients are going back to work today, Linda and I will be taking down the decorations in the house. This won't be happening until late mid morning. I will be the bucket man, hauling buckets to and from the garage. We have nothing on our social calendar for today.

Tuesday is another story. Linda is hosting Mah Jongg while I go off to a therapy session for my leg.

After we cleaned up the house, I went into my Man Cave, and settled down to watch football. The telephone rings, and the neighbors who hosted the New Year's party invited Linda and I over to watch football, and have some food and beverages which included some homemade chili. Knowing that Linda doesn't really care about watching football, I suggested that she bring over her new cell phone, and the I Pad. Well Linda and our friend's middle school age daughter were like a couple of kids playing games on the I Pad. At one point, I asked them to be a little less noisy because the rest of us had trouble hearing the announcers during the football game. Of course, their daughter wants an I Pad and a new cell phone too. As the game ended, and the power on the I Pad died, Linda and I went back home. What a pleasant way to end the day for the Curley's.

Politics -- The newly elected Congress will be back to work. The Republicans want to repeal things like Universal Health Care which our President got passed when the Democrats controlled Congress. Oh darn!

Sports -- The Patriots looked awesome yesterday. I was so glad to see that Belichik decided to play his starters for a good portion of the game. The playoffs start this weekend while the Patriots have a by week. The Patriots will be ready for no matter what team comes into Gillette Stadium two weeks from now. If it is team that is used to playing in a Dome, they might have their hands full playing against the Patriots. We Patriot fans will be praying for cold weather, and snow to be falling for this game. I can't say too much more about the Patriots because I don't want to jinx them. They were supposed to be unstoppable a few years ago, and they ended up losing the Super Bowl to the Giants.


New Year's Resolutions -- Most people who make them aren't successful in following through with them. Do I have any? Mine are not resolutions, but just things that I must do to live a long life: Eat healthy foods, go to Retro Fitness on a regular basis, and lose weight to cause less stress on my leg joints, etc. The most weight loss that I had was when I was in the hospital eating ice chips, and eating no solid foods for several days before a gall bladder removal. Notice that most of us know what to do, but doing so is the difficult part. No I am not joining a self help group like Weight Watchers. My group is called "Will Power!"

It is so quiet around here without our grandchild and the two dogs, but I love it right now. If the telephone doesn't ring, I think Linda can sleep until noon. There is no way that I can be that quiet for so many hours. Grandchildren in little doses make Grandparents very happy.

Have a great day at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: