Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

It looks like I will be firing up the snow blower once again. It appears that we picked up about three inches of snow. I will have to wait until after my 8 AM Physical Therapy appointment.

Speaking of snow, the weather guys can't narrow down what we are going to get starting on Wednesday afternoon into Thursday morning. It is the old track of the storm scenario. We all will have to wait and see.

My problem will be my babysitting gig in Tewksbury which is supposed to take place on Thursday evening. If the event which Kevin and Kyla is not cancelled, I will be on the road on Wednesday morning so that I can beat the weather event as it heads up the Eastern Seaboard.

Our grandchild, Max, was still feeling a little under the weather on Monday. Kyla stayed home from work to take care of Max who had a little fever. I hope that his physical problems are gone when I arrive on Wednesday.

I was the only one who left the house on Monday. After doing a couple of errands, I decided to move my ice-fishing gear from the storage shed to the garage. If the temperatures become more reasonable, I can just load up the car, and head off to the frozen ponds.

Linda is playing Mah Jongg with her regular Tuesday group today. She is also going out this evening for one of her once a month BONCO sessions. Even though we had a chicken based meal on Monday, I might do a Chicken Novena this evening. The Chicken Stroganoff recipe which I talked about on Monday was wonderful as rated. Yes, we would serve it to guests at future dinner gatherings.

Speaking of cooking, Kevin and Kyla's exhaust fan died in their kitchen. While Kyla was cooking supper on Sunday, she opened a window in the kitchen next to her Aerogarden. Well some unknown person was supposed to shut the window after supper was prepared. The below zero temperatures came into their kitchen all night long. All the herbs in the Aerogarden got frost bitten, and they expired.

Politics - The President's speech is going to cut into the regularly scheduled programs for this evening.. The people who could care less about politics will have to "recalculate" as my GPS device says when I make a wrong term.

Sports - The Bruins lost their game against a west coast team by a score of 2 to 0 last evening.

Linda and I watched the Oprah Winfrey program yesterday afternoon. She announced to the world that she as a half sister who kept this secret since 2007. Oprah' s mom gave up this child at birth, and never told Oprah that she had done so. I actually was in the kitchen doing some work on some old tip ups, and I was listening, but not watching the program. The woman is her half sister because her mom was making babies with different men in the 1950's and 1960's. Her mom wouldn't have gotten my vote for "Mother of the year." The old quote that I often use: "Stupid people shouldn't breed" applies to Oprah's mother.

Well, I have to see what the local weather prognosticators are talking about for the upcoming coastal storm. Have a great Tuesday at work or play. Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: