Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,


Linda and I left the house on Saturday around 3 PM. We did a whole bunch of errands before heading to the Rotary Auction. The Rotary Auction was one of the better ones compared to the ones in the past. The Curley's are the only ones who didn't bring home any bargains, but we still had fun bidding on certain items.
The bargain of the night, which we all let get away, was a Juke Box (CD) which had a value of $3000. Some one took it away for $650.
The food ( appetizers and desserts) before the Auction was pretty good this year.
You know that the auction was pretty good when our group of seven stayed until the Auction was over.


We have a quiet day this Sunday. I might drop in a few tip ups after reading the Sunday newspapers. I do want to watch the Celtics vs the Lakers this afternoon.
If we don't leave the house today, then that is okay too.


Linda (mostly me) have decided that we aren't going to host a Super Bowl Party this year. I am not sure whether I am going to go off to one of the Italian Clubs, and party with some friends, or just stay home and watch the game alone in my Man Cave.
I suggested that Linda should hook up with some of her lady friends, and go to an afternoon movie, and dine out somewhere for supper.
Only one friend of all the past Super Bowl attendees has his favorite team in the Super Bowl. He has been a life long Green Bay Packers fan since I can remember.


Our guests from our Italian Sister City, who will be coming to Pittsfield, has increased by one. We now have three individuals who need to be picked up at Logan this coming Friday. I volunteered to do the pick up, but it is not set in stone that I will be that person.


The National news is filled with the turmoil in Egypt. The United States has spent billions over the years to ensure that Egypt has remained our ally.


I also see where a Florida mother shot and killed her two teens because "They were mouthy!"
The defense team is going to use Depression as the motivating factor which pushed this Mom over the edge. Isn't anybody responsible for their own screwed up actions?
I have to be careful using the word Depression because I got myself in trouble many months ago when I expressed my opinions about depression.
Okay, how about a person being bi-polar which is the old manic / depressive diagnosis which we grew up with. There has to be another pill to help you work your way through this mental health issue.


I met some people who I haven't seen for a while at the Auction last evening. One friend owns and auto body shop. He said that his business is doing very well. He almost can't keep up repairing all the cars which have been damaged due to accidents because all the snow which has fallen this winter so far.


Speaking of snow, we have another snow event brewing and ready to hit the East Coast on Wednesday. This will not bring joy to the residents of Boston or to the people who want to fly out to places down south.
Our newest retiree friend is heading to his second home in Georgia on Tuesday. He will miss the storm in the Berkshires, but he might hit some not so nice weather as he drives south. He also had to take off his studded snow tires because they are not allowed in many southern States.


Well, I have to grab another cup of coffee, and start another book. I should be sleeping, but I have a lot of stuff rattling around in my brain. I will need a nap for sure today.


Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: