Monday, March 12, 2012

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

Our afternoon in Northampton went very well on Sunday. We did a little window shopping until we went into have supper at Viva Pasta's located on the main street in Northahmpton. Linda and I have been to this place several times, and we always had a great meal. The other friend's at our table were first timers, and they loved their meals.

We were at the lower level of the restaurant. Our reserved table was all set for us at 5:30 PM. It was so quiet for the first 10 minutes that we were there. All of sudden he place was packed and the noise level increased. There was another table next to us, and it was set up for almost 30 people. I had to find out what organization that they belonged to. The table of elderly people belonged to a local Nothampton based organization called "Grannies for Peace". They told me that they want all the killings in the world to come to an end. I said that I am not sure that it would happen soon.

Well, when I read the local newspaper this morning, I soon ralized that no one might be listening to their plea.
I read where a United States Army Staff Sergeant must have lost it and went door to door in some Afghan village, and shot and killed every one.
Talks broke down in the Syrian conflict. There were some Gaza / Israel air strikes which left at least three People dead.

On a happier note, the Saw Doctors concert at the Calvin theater went well last evening. The boyfriend of the people who we were with spent the whole concert in the Mash Pit with hundreds of other people singing and shouting his way through the whole evening. He lost his voice by the end of the concert. The three us decided to sit during the concert.
You can bring beverages into the theater and mash pit. The fans who were groupies of the band, and who were in the mash pit, were jammed in like sardines. Many of them got unwanted beer baths. Several of our Irish friend's who were in the Mash Pit said that the floor was a sticky mess by the end of the concert. Linda and I are too old to have become part of the mash pit activities.

My head hit the pillow last night around 12:30 PM, and Linda 's shortly after.
Linda told me not to wake her and bug her at all. She has a totally free day, and she wants to enjoy it. She hasn't recovered from the busy week that we had.
Well, the business continues for the rest of the week through the weekend.

Next Monday our Tewksbury grandchildren and their mom will be with us for a couple of days.
The following Monday we will be in Tewksbury getting ready for a trip to visit our Southern Georgia family. Our next free day might happen during the middle of April. Oh Darn!

I am the only one socially engaged, and it happens to be this evening. I have a UNICO board meeting at 6 PM.

We have friends who like to live a quiet life. One person even admitted that she is a home body, and she enjoys that calm life style. After what I have observed through my parents as they aged: the trips back and forth to the hospital, their stays in nursing homes, observing the patients in nursing homes, we will be part of the calm life when we are 6 feet under. I don't plan on dying in my recliner.

Have a great week at work or play!
Our week will be mostly playing, and that is the way we / I like it!

Talk to you soon! The Curley Lad

No comments: