Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

Hope that all of my readers had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day like we had.
Linda and I are so glad that the celebration(s) are over. I asked Linda before we went to bed last night what time that she wants me to wake her up this morning. She responded by saying "Never!" I am hoping that no one calls our house until after 10 AM.
Last night was another night of our head hitting the pillows after midnight. It will be so good to get back to a less busy normal schedule.

Every function which we attended from the 4 PM Mass for deceased members of the Irish American Club right through the house party at the home of our Irish Sister City President was wonderful. There was much food, fun, and merriment every place that we attended except for the Church.

We do have to leave the house for a 2 PM meeting today, but that shouldn't last for more than an hour. The rest of the day should be a free one for us.

I did visit dad yesterday. His cold was getting better, but my sister was the sick one. Usually the cold just gets passed on from one family member to another. I tried to keep my distance, and I hope that no germs got passed on to me.
I am going back there this morning. I will be bringing another loaf of my Irish Soda Bread. As a matter of fact, dad was eating the last couple of slices of the last loaf which I brought.

I dropped off a loaf to our neighbor's home, and they sampled a few slices almost instantaneously.

I am glad that I did my yard work before this busy weekend began. All the neighbors were out doing yard work on Saturday, and they will be at it again today. I will be relaxing and waiting for the grass to grow, and for the tulips to pop up.

Linda and I can't wait to see the Tewksbury grandchildren. They arrive on Tuesday and depart on Thursday. I do have to get down some baby sized devices for Piper Lee who is only one month old. Linda wants me to get the booster chair for Max, but he wants to sit like his Mom and Dad at the dinner table in a regular chair.

We still have a busy week coming up with less partying than we did this week. Linda will be playing her regular Tuesday Mah Jongg, going to one of her two knitting group gatherings. I have a Monday night UNICO membership meeting. We also have a table reserved for the Thursday night's Polenta Dinner at the ITAM. I have a UNICO volunteer activity on Saturday during the day. The beat goes on! When I create my morning blog that is the only time that I sit still during the day.

Oops! I almost forgot that we are hosting another corned beef and cabbage dinner while the Tewksbury grandchildren are with us. Our son will not be joining us because he has to run is restaurant. One of his high schools friend's and his lady friend will be joining us for the Tuesday night dinner.

It appears that the partying in our lives, even if there is no official holiday, seems to be never ending. In casual conversation yesterday, I mentioned that when I depart this earth, I want it to be when I am doing something that I enjoy. The person I chatted with said that he had a client who died on the dance floor while dancing the Polka. What a way to go!

They finally caught the local women who has been robbing convenient stores while armed and mask in Pittsfield. Once they broadcasted the video of her robbing the last store, many tips were given to the police. One tip said that she was going to do the robberies in another town in the Berkshires. the police caught her before that happened.
The alleged robber is a 49 year old woman who used to be a nurse. The judge in this case better send this woman to jail for many years.

Well, I have to do some quiet tasks before I get dressed and head off to visit dad which includes dropping off a loaf of Irish Soda Bread to my sister.

The golf courses were filled with golfers yesterday. I have to go by the Berkshires Hills Golf Course on the way to my sister's house. I was tempted to pull into the parking lot and play at least 9 holes of golf.


Have a great Sunday.
I will be hydrating for most of the next couple of days. My body is crying for water instead of Guinness.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: