Friday, July 1, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

Our Thursday with our grandchild went very well. He and his parents arrived at 11:30 AM. His parents had a full car of camping gear, but they needed another place to put their friend's gear. Good old Dad to the rescue. We have one of those cloth car top carriers. Some the their luggage and sleeping bags ended up in this new space. Room had to be made for my "Grill to Go" and the tank of propane which goes with it. Kevin, Kyla, and their friend left the house within 30 minutes. Max waved and said "Goodbye" to his parents, and our baby sitting for Max, and the two dogs began. After a quick lunch, Linda, Max and me went to Springside Park which has all kinds of swings, climbing devices , etc. We then headed for Dalton to say "Hi" to our friend's grandchild and her Dad who are here for the weekend. On the way home, Max started to crash, and we put him and grandpa down for an afternoon nap. The both of us slept very well. I was so tired that I didn't even bother to take off my boot! We both woke up within 5 minutes of one another near 5 PM. Linda had a little time to put the finishing touches for the 11 BONCO ladies who were coming to our house at 7 PM.
I decided to take Max (and the two dogs) up the street to visit our friends whose wife is also wearing a boot because of her broken ankle. She happened to be walking down the street toward our house at the same time with her grandchild Eva. Eva is one year older than Max, They played so nice together. Max and I got invited for supper. It was wonderful, and Max ate like a trooper. He had corn on the cob along with the chicken, potatoes, etc. He had those mini yogurt cones for dessert.
Well things were going so well, that we stayed at our friend's home until a little after 8 PM.
Eva has one of those kitchen sets with all kinds of pots, pans, fake food, cups, and dishes. Eva and Max both put on aprons, and they made pretend dinners for all of us. When I got hom, I had one of those Velcro fake foods attached to my boot. Eva's mom took some pictures of the two of them playing together, and she promised to send them over the internet.
When we arrive home, Max said "Hi" to the BONCO women, and we put him to bed since he was exhausted.

As we were taking care of the energizer bunny, I was thinking of how whatever is happening in our messed up world is so inconsequential in the scheme of things. If more people devoted time to their families, we wouldn't read about or listen to all the crazy things which go on in the world. The mother in Florida who alleged killed her child, is "guilty as sin". If the woman didn't want her child because she wanted to party with her single friends, she could have put the child up for adoption. In a few short hours, Max will be calling for his "Papa" which he calls me. He wakes up with a smile every time I rescue him from his crib. There is no way that I could bring harm to this beautiful boy. I just wants to give him hugs!

Sports -- The Red Sox finally won a game, but the Yankees won their game too. Since I missed the afternoon Sox game, I watched a rerun as the women were playing BONCO. Linda didn't even know that I was in my man cave.

I slept in one of the spare bedrooms. Frankie Beans and I slept together while Billy slept at the foot of the bed on the floor. I almost tripped over Billy when I had to make a restroom trip in the middle of the night. Right now the two dogs, Max, and Linda are sound asleep. This is my quiet time before this day begins. I will definitely need an afternoon nap when Max takes his.

Social Calendar -- I normally would be teeing off with the seniors at 8:30 AM today, but playing golf with a boot on is an impossibility. We don't have anything on our social calendar except for taking care of Max and the dogs. This is enough to tire us out for sure.

BONCO went very well. Linda had three places set up in the house, but two tables of four women decided to play BONCO in the screened in room on deck. Linda has been playing BONCO for over 30 years, and she knows what the women like for beverages. Most of the ladies drinks all kinds of diet soda or diet juice drinks. For some reason, the women last night wanted to drink mostly wine. Of course, we were prepared to serve wine since I had a bottled chilled in the refrigerator. Usually there are two women who drink wine, but they weren't there last night. For some reason, people like alcoholic beverages when they are invited to our house.
Linda made a dessert called "Lemon lust". Several women stay away from desserts, but not last night. The ladies usually drink decaffeinated tea, but not last night! They wanted decaffeinated coffee. I think that the ladies like coming to our house because Linda is such a good host.

I hope that Kevin and Kyla and their friends had a fun night camping together in Watkins Glen, New York. I hope the band "Phish" performs well for the concerts.

Well, I have to enjoy a little more quiet time before Max wakes up. I am going to let Linda get some extra sleep, but she will hear Max, me and the dogs, and she will get up earlier than planned.
Have a great Friday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: