Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went as planned. Washing clothes took a great deal of our time. I would start mine, and Linda would get up and down to tend to hers and my clothes for most of the day. The rain stopped my giving the lawn a trim which I will finish this morning.

Therapy also went well, but I am seeing a lot of my baby boomer friends being worked on too. Many of them have rotator cuff injuries. One guy plays in a softball league. He asked his therapist when he can get back to throwing a ball. The therapist said in about a year! The other acquaintance is trying to avoid rotator cuff surgery by going through therapy.
My therapist rubs the Achilles area part of the leg, and then hooks me up to some electrodes and an ice pack for a fixed amount of time. I do it again today at 11:30 AM.

Politics -- A bipartisan "debt gang", as they are called, will propose a plan to cut trillions from the national debt. I keep telling my independent and conservative friends that the two party system can work. My talk show host friend, who is on this daily blog, wants every politician to be voted out of office. He tries to convince his listeners each day that the system does not work. I might agree that it needs some tweaking, but I was never a fan of "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" as the saying goes.

Social Calendar -- Today is Linda's normal Tuesday Mah Jongg session at a friend's home. We are attending an evening event at a friend's home after attending a wake for the son of Irish Sister Committee member. I will be at the wake when the doors open at 4 PM today. Linda will be going to the wake after her Mah Jongg session is over. The funeral is Wednesday morning. The chance of either of us having a totally free day will not happen until the weekend.

Observation -- While at the wedding reception in Vermont over this past weekend, many of the females were wearing some really beautiful looking dresses. What caught my eye were the women who were wearing those strapless ones. They spent most of the time pulling them up as they were slipping off of their mammary glands. Dancing increased the slippage. I realize the need for women to look spectacular, but at what price? It is like when women select shoes that look so cute. After one dance, they go barefoot or whip out a pair of more comfortable shoes to make it through the rest of the evening. Like I always say, men are such simple creatures when it comes to clothes and footwear selections.

CNN News -- I see where a 17 year old from the State of Florida killed his parents by way of a hammer, stuffed them in a closet, and had a 40 to 60 person party in the family home. The parents probably said "No" when the son wanted to have a party. I hope that the 17 year old doesn't use the temporary insanity plea when the case goes to trial.

Sports -- I watched the Red Sox win their game in Baltimore last evening in the screened in room on our deck. The Yankees were victorious in Tampa Bay.

Well, I have to do a bunch of quiet activities. I am hoping that Linda can sleep as long as she wants to before that darn telephone rings.
Speaking of telephones, I have noticed that the younger generation has eliminated land lines in their homes. I wonder when Linda and I will decide to do so.

Have a great Tuesday!
Enjoy the super weather which we have been having. Don't complain about things if it gets hot outside; just remember the days of snow and ice that we had for most of the winter.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: