Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned in Curley World. I laid low for a second day and finished savoring another book. Linda had fun at her Red Hat picnic at a friend's home. She did come home with a queasy stomach, and she was hoping that it wasn't from any of the covered dish foods. The hostess didn't cook anything on the grill, but the covered dishes were endless.

By laying low, I can almost walk pain free. Like I said yesterday, I don't want to push it right now, and then restrain it.

My friend and his sister who were visiting their parents who live in the Atlanta area are heading back to the Berkshires. My friend doesn't mind the long drive, but I am not sure if I could drive such a long distance. Yes, I am a wimp when it comes to driving. 3.5 hours is about my maximum driving time which is how long it takes to get from Pittsfield to Cape Cod.

Politics -- I see where Michele Bachmann, a Republican candidate for President and her husband, run a business which claims that they can change gay people into straight people. It is a Bible based program. I guess Michele won't be celebrating Gay Pride Day when it comes to Minnesota. I can hear my Republican friends telling me that they crossed this candidate off of the list of candidates who have thrown their hat in the ring. Do you think that she might not have lost the Gay Vote nationwide too?

Linda's not feeling well after the afternoon Red Hat function was not caused by food poisoning. There is a good article which explains what you body does to protect itself on those hot and humid days. The stomach blood vessels actually constrict which doesn't allow digestion to take place as well as it normally does. Eating any kind of fatty foods even makes the situation worse. I had to ask Linda if I could eat some left over containers of food while we watched a couple programs together. I think my eating in front of her increased her not so good feeling.

Yesterday's email got me in trouble. I made some comments about my neighbor cutting his lawn as the ladies were trying to play Mah Jogg in the screened in room on the deck on Monday night. Linda thought that I might have lost the friendship of our neighbors. She sent an email apologizing for my comments. I sent an email too, but the neighbors didn't take my comments as bad as Linda did. You have to realize that Linda is the "don't make waves", "don't hurt anyone's feelings" type of people. Her horoscope sign is Libra.
I had to remind her that family and friends are the best source of material for my daily blog. I was just trying to get a laugh from my daily readers.

Taking about laughs, Linda received an email that the August monthly BONCO session was booked in for the same night as Tanglewood on Parade which we usually attend. A girlfriend sends an email to the host saying that she will not be attending BONCO unless the date was changed because she really wanted to go to Tannglewood (with the Curley's). Well, the date got changed, and now Linda can't go to BONCO because Linda is hosting a Dinner / Book Club meeting which had been booked in for months, and it can't be changed. Linda was actually leaning toward not going to Tanglewood, and going to BONCO on the originally scheduled date. This BONCO is one of the fun ones because the hostess has one of those pontoon boats where the ladies get to cruise around Pontoosuc Lake. See I am not the only one who sends emails, and gets themselves in trouble.

Sports -- I didn't watch much of the all Star Baseballl game, but I did see the Red Sox player hit a homerun. The National League won the game for a second year in a row.

Social Calendar -- I have to finish some shirt pressing after I come back from a 7 AM Therapy session, and do a little packing for our weekend wedding adventure.
Linda will be doing some packing too. She also has her Wednesday night Knitting Session at Panera Bread. It looks like I will be having a cookout on the deck alone once again. I started a book on the kindle last night.
There are no sporting contests to watch except for British Open Golf Tournament which started at 4 AM this morning.

Have a great Wednesday.
For us in the Berkshires, the humidity has dropped, and we are in for another summer like day. Get out and enjoy it.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: