Friday, September 30, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

Linda left the house a little before 1 PM, and I left a little after 1 PM. I was in bed by the time that she came home for her adventurous day which included recreational shopping and dinner out with some girlfriends. I spent the afternoon, and part of the evening with my UNICO brothers and sisters preparing a meal for Ad-Lib clients and their helpers. We made a salad, and a main dish of Chicken Parm, Eggplant Parm, rice, and a vegetable. For dessert we made a fresh apple crisp and put on a dollop of vanilla ice cream. We peeled so many apples that I wish that Linda had bought me one of those apple peelers which I saw on QVC. At one point we had three to four workers peeling apples. We were so glad when the last apple got peeled.
There was much food, fun, and merriment in the kitchen before the night ended.

They had an article, with pictures, in today's Berkshire Eagle about the Ad-Lib dinner. They didn't even mention that UNICO prepared the meal. Oh Darn!

I don't have time to write a long winded e-mail this morning. I have Therapy at 7:30 AM, and a bunch of errands to take care before heading off to a 1 PM Pizza Party with my golfing buddies. Even though I haven't played golf with them since June 28, 2011, I was still invited to participate in the after golf party today.

I know that Linda has to make a grocery run today. She is cooking for one of the two book clubs which she belongs to. She will be hosting the event which takes place on Monday evening. I might be grilling some vegetables for the ladies.

I will be watching Monday Night Football in my Man Cave while they eat, and then settle down to discuss the book which they all read.

Today is supposed to be okay weather wise, but bursts of rain will be coming in for the rest of the weekend. This won't be good news for the Saturday Oktoberfest which takes place in a large parking lot in downtown Pittsfield.

Well, I have to get ready for my Therapy appointment.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: