Monday, September 19, 2011

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

I hope that you all had a pleasant weekend no matter what activity you and your family were engaged in. This applies to my single friends too.

I never left the house except for picking up the Sunday newspapers off of my driveway. In the late afternoon, Linda went off to the grocery store to get some rolls for the pulled pork which I cooked in the crock pot. This was the party with myself food that I decided to make while watching the Patriots. Of course the food consumption took place during half time of the Patriot Game.

Speaking of sports, the Red Sox lost another game as they get extremely close to missing the MLB playoffs.
The Patriots on the other hand were a different story. Tom Brady was "Tom Terrific" for a second week in a row. The defense still has room for improvement, and they will need it as they head off to play the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo, New York this coming weekend. Two teams that are in the same division, and have the same 2 and 0 records will make for a very interesting game.

Sometimes I get myself in trouble with my political views, words of wisdom, etc., but how about Pat Robertson saying that it is okay to move on and divorce your significant other who has Alzheimer's. He said that there is Biblical backup to his claim. I just watched a short video interview with a Biblical expert, and he said that there is no reference to his claim. I have had two friends who lost their significant others to the disease, and both friends stuck with the "For Better or for Worse" clause in the marriage contract. If something like this is allowed to break a person's marriage vows then I could see it snowballing into any disease or illness being the reason for divorce.

Politics -- The way that our President is campaigning for his jobs bill, some feel like it has become class warfare.
Former President Clinton was interviewed in one of the Sunday Morning Talk Shows. He said that the recovery from the financial mess that that he inherited and the current economic decline, loss of jobs, etc., that we are experiencing right now normally takes about 5 years to recover from. The American people mentally want a quick fix, but that is almost impossible for it to occur.
A blogger friend sent me a list of financial aid which we have sent to every NATO country which votes against us 70 % of the time along with the dollar amounts. If the figures are accurate, you would be totally shocked.

Social Calendar -- I have a UNICO membership meeting this evening at Mazzeo's Ristorante. I can't wait to see what Italian epicurean delights that we will be served. Oh yeah, there is a meeting before we eat. We are installing 7 new members too I think!
Linda does have a free day, but I might need her help in the garage as my supervisor. The stuff is starting to accumulate so bad that we can park the two cars in the garage, but we can't get out of our cars. Oh Darn!


Since I watch a good deal of sporting contests on television, I see a lot of commercials. Am I the only one who thinks that family members in the commercials are not a pretty sight?

I also had some thoughts about smokers since there were about 8 people on our bus trip to the Irish Festival who are smokers. There was no smoking on the bus, but when we did make a short Dunkin Donut stop, the smokers all gathered around each other and puffed away outside of the bus. I am not trying to beat up smokers, but I just want to make them aware that the clothes that they are wearing reek of stale cigarette smoke. You can dress up in the greatest looking outfits, but you still can smell their smoke laden clothes. Oh Darn!
Yes, they can come back at me that I smelled like a brewery after a few beers, but often smoking and drinking go hand in hand.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and put on some work clothes, and start cleaning up the garage. I won't need Linda's help until after she wakes up and reads the newspaper.
Have a great Monday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: