Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

Another day went exactly as planned. The Human Sump Pump went off and removed 11 wet vacuum buckets of water from our friend's basement. As I left, the water was still coming into the basement. As I pulled out of the friend's driveway, I was thinking my efforts of water removal were like me "Peeing in the Wind!" The water is pumped out a cellar window, and it probably flows right back into the cellar. A friend sent me an email saying that there is a portable sump pump which costs about $60 that could save me a whole bunch of effort and time. The task of water removal is divided up between me and my friend's son-in-law. I have been communicating with the son-in-law by way of e-mail, and he too is getting tired of being a human sump. Luckily, he is in his 20's, and he is a bit more nimble than the Curley Lad.

Sports -- Well, all the sports teams that I hoped would win yesterday failed to do so. Notre Dame let Michigan go down the field and score the winning touchdown in the last thirty seconds of their game. The Red Sox lost an extra inning game. Oh Darn!

I am going to overdose on professional football today from afternoon right into and through the evening. My team, the New England Patriots, play the first of two games on Monday night football. I can't wait!

My baby sitting services are required on Wednesday in Tewksbury. I might leave on Tuesday and visit the Brodeur's first. Kevin and Kyla got tickets to a Phish Fundraising Concert which will be taking place in Vermont. The Phish group originated from and they are Vermont natives. Funds raised will be going to the flood relief effort of the damage cause by Hurricane Irene. It is a one evening event. Max can't wait to see his Papa again, and the feeling is mutual. Linda has a whole bunch of booked in events so she will be staying home.

Our picnic at a friend's home last evening was wonderful. There was much food, fun, and merriment before the cookout ended. We had "Dine in Ribs", and chicken shish kabobs along with an assortment of great salads. This was after multiple appetizers at the beginning of the party. Linda and I played cribbage in a losing effort, but it was fun. You had to see this homemade cribbage board. One of the guys used to work in G.E. Plastics before he retired, and before it was sold to an Arabic group called Sabic. He made a cribbage board out of a chunk of Lexan, which was invented in Pittsfield. The chunk of Lexan is so heavy that if you ever dropped it on your foot, you would have to be taken to the emergency room of Berkshire Medical Center. It could be used as a weapon too.

Hopefully today is a chill day. I think Linda has a few coupons that she would like to use at the Mall. She doesn't need me to accompany her. As I have said in the past, we men are simple creatures. We can wear clothes and footwear until they fall off our bodies. If we men seem to be wearing clothes that need a change (in the eyes of our significant others), we can always depend on our wives to bring home some new clothes.

Speaking of clothes, I washed a batch of my clothes the other day without checking the pockets. I must have had a pink napkin in one of the pockets. Pieces of the napkin, as it dissolved, got stuck to every garment that I was trying to wash. Linda has been going around the house picking up pieces of the napkin everywhere that I have been walking in the house. Wait until she goes to wash her clothes, and they are dotted with pieces of the pink napkin. Do you wonder why Linda likes it when I am gone from the house for a couple of days?

Have a great day even though it might not be a sun filled one for us in the Berkshires.
The Sunday newspapers are awaiting my perusal.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: