Monday, December 5, 2011

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

Hope that your Sunday went well. Even though Linda and I weren’t together for both of our social engagements on Sunday, everything worked out well.

My first stop of the day was to visit Dad in the nursing home, and bring him the Sunday New York Daily News. Linda was still sleeping when I quietly left the house. When I returned home from the visit, I packed up some clothes for this week’s adventure in Tewksbury before heading off to my friend’s home to watch the 1 PM Patriot Game.
The B.J.’s warehouse chicken was wonderful. For $4.99, for a good size rotisserie chicken, it is the best buy in town. I would have purchased the chicken at a non Box grocery store, but B.J.’s sells their chickens for about 2 to 3 dollars less than at the local grocery store.

The Patriots did win their game, but they did not beat the spread of 20.5 points. When the game ended, the Patriots won by only 6 points. The Patriots played like a team that will make it to the playoffs, but who will lose in the first round. Oh Darn!

Linda had a fun time at the Red Rose Restaurant in Springfield. All the Italian food came out in huge platters that Linda said was absolutely delicious. When Linda described the type of food that they ladies were served, my rotisserie chicken didn’t sound so great.

I see where a Hong Kong woman received a divorce settlement of $154 million. When the Rich will play, they will also Pay in such matters.

Social Calendar – I have two therapy sessions this morning at the Medical Arts Complex in Pittsfield: 7:30 AM, and 8:30 AM. The therapist and I will be working on body parts so that they will hopefully be working better than they are now. The doctor who referred me to therapy said that there are no guarantees that the Therapy will help, but I decided to give it a try. After therapy, I will be heading east to pick up Kevin and Max when they arrive from their brief visit in Orlando, Florida. They fly into Logan around 3:30 PM.

When Linda said “Good night” to last night, she had a twinkle in her eye. She was already thinking about 3.5 days of me not making any demands on her, or thinking of things for her to do. She won’t have to hear me clumping around the house in the wee hours of the morning. She won’t have to hear the opening and closing of the garage door at 4:15 AM on those mornings which I choose to go off to Retro Fitness. She will be using the Curley Principle of “Separation is Good!” She will be experiencing the same feeling that I did when she went off to the Mah Jongg tournament in Atlantic City.
Linda doesn’t have 3.5 days of a totally free social calendar because she has something going every day or night of the week (Mah Jong, Knitting gathering, book club, etc.) Friday we are off to a Gala of some sort in Lenox. I know that we have a house party on Sunday. Saturday might be our only free day of the week!

I did forget to tell Linda to put the trash cans on the curb for the Wednesday pick up as well as the bottle and can recyclables this week.
Even though we do like the separation is good approach to life, there are certain things that the women need us men around for.

Well, I have to make sure that I didn’t forget anything as I finish packing up the car. I packed the recharging cords for my cell phone, and the IPad. I hope that I have time to send out my daily blog when I am in North Tewksbury, but I might not send the blog to you in the morning because I will most likely be taking care of Max.

Have a great week at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: