Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Well the garage door to the Curley home opened at 7 AM this morning by me. Do you think that I might have disturbed the peace and quiet that Linda was enjoying for the past day and one half? Oh Darn!

I slithered out of Kevin and Kyla’s home at a little after 4 AM. I hope that when Max wakes up that he is not too upset that his “Papa” is not there to play with and take care of him. I did say my “Goodbyes” to Kevin before I went to bed last night.

Kevin will be dropping Max off at Daycare this morning, and opening up Dough East Boston at 10 AM. The restaurant doesn’t open until 11 AM, but he has to turn on the ovens and he has to do some prep work before the customers arrive. Kevin did say that he was busy on Tuesday as I was at their home taking care of Max. I think Kyla flies back to Logan on Thursday around 1 PM if I have her flight times correct in my short term memory brain.

As arrived closer to Pittsfield, I was in range of some local radio AM stations. I couldn’t believe that I heard the word snow in the forecast with a “Watch” from 6 PM to 6 AM on Thursday morning. When I made a rest stop on the turnpike just after the Worcester exit, the temperatures were warm. When I arrived home and unpacked my Subaru, I really should have been wearing a jacket. I just got through skimming the local newspaper, and their weather information says that we could get 4 to 8 inches of the white stuff here in the Berkshires. When the locals read that forecast, they will be heading off to the grocery stores in droves thinking that they don’t have enough food in their homes. I know that in this two person home, we have enough food and grills to cook food that could help us get through a week of bad weather. This includes beverages of all types too.

I might take a morning nap so that I can keep the house so quiet that you wouldn’t even know that I was home.

As I was driving from Tewksbury, I ran into some rain which was heavy at times. It was also very dark. This got me to thinking that I don’t like driving at night time, and I am not quite 65 yet. There were a whole bunch of trucks on the highway too that thought that I wasn’t going fast enough. Well, I couldn’t see that great, so I just let these big rigs pass me. I am trying to get up enough mental courage to drive to places like Georgia and Florida where we have so many friends and relatives which reside there. Not! Unless Linda wants to drive, I am staying with travel by airplanes and renting a car after we arrive at our destination. Linda and I do have a friend that can make those 18 to 24 hour drives like he was driving 120 miles to Boston from the Berkshires. I guess that I am just a wimp! We do have some friends who don’t like to fly at all. I am not sure what I would do if I was afraid to fly.

I also see that our local newspaper didn’t spend too much print talking about this day being Pearl Harbor Day in memory of the June 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor which got us into World War II. There aren’t many of the Veterans both male and female still alive that could relive some of those war stories. Isn’t it amazing all the suffering that took place during the war years, and now we have military bases in Japan to help protect Japanese interests. When Japan has any type of natural disaster, we Americans are there to help in what seems like a heartbeat. One minute there was total hate between two countries, and now they are our allies. So I am still trying to figure out if shedding blood on both sides on a conflict accomplishes anything. Do we ever learn from past history? It seems like each new decade bring us into another war. They had an article in our local newspaper today of a bombing in Afghanistan. This bombing didn’t kill Americans, it killed fellow Afghans.

Linda is socially engaged this evening with her Wednesday Knitting Group at Panera Bread. I have a free day and I am going to enjoy every moment of it.

Have a great Wednesday!
Keep the snow shovels handy if you live in the Berkshires!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: