Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,



Our Friday went okay, but there was one bump in the road.



The mini protest, with respect to our Health Insurance, went okay. There were reporters from two local newspapers. There were about 25 of us men and women from various city departments involved in the protest. I even made my own sign to hold.

Linda was supposed to join us when she got through with a body maintenance procedure. Well, this didn’t happen!

While heading to the protest, Linda heard a loud “Pop” coming from the Neon. She said that she lost power, and said that the brakes seemed to be not working normally. She called AAA, and had her car towed to our favorite repair shop. I left the protest just about the same time that the tow truck arrived to pick her and the Neon up. I drove to the repair shop and picked Linda up.

She originally wanted to go from the protest to the grocery store to pick up a few items. We had to go directly home because my car was still full of my ice-fishing gear, and there would have been no room for the groceries.

Once we arrived home, we decided to postpone the trip to the grocery, and just chill until supper time.



We went off to the Shamrock for supper. It was just Linda and I. While having a beverage at the bar, I sat next to a lady (in her mid forties) who wanted to talk. She had to tell me about getting her F 150 truck hung up on a guide wire on a telephone pole. She had to tell me every detail. Luckily, the hostess came to us, and said that our table was ready.

After supper we went directly home, put on our sleep wear, and watched some previously recorded programs.



Speaking of the Shamrock, a couple of local people got arrested for breaking into the office of the Shamrock Motel which is next door to the Shamrock Restaurant. The man and woman team left footprints in the snow. The police obtained a search warrant, and found the stolen items in their apartment. The couple is currently residing in the Berkshire County House of Correction.



I was going to go ice-fishing today, but I can’t leave Linda without a car. The repair shop guys didn’t get a chance to look at the Neon on Friday since they were so busy with booked in appointments.



This evening, we are off to a comedy show at the Crowne Plaza. A friend, who is out of town for the weekend, gave us her tickets. The company that the friend works for distributed some free tickets to its employees.



We had another friend pass away on Friday night. This means that on Sunday we will be going from a memorial service at the Temple, to a wake service at a local funeral home. The memorial service starts at 11 AM. The wake at the funeral home goes from 2 PM until 5 PM.

The person who died on Friday night was a member of the Irish American Club. There will be an honor guard of Irish American Club and Irish Sister City Members (which both Linda and I are members of) at 9:45 AM on Monday morning. A Mass will follow at 10 AM. I am guessing that there will be a reception after the interment. Monday might be a long day!



Not trying to be selfish, but these deaths are cutting into my ice-fishing time, and me watching NFL playoff games. I think that the football watching will be okay since the first playoff game has a 3 PM broadcast time on Sunday.



Since I can’t go ice-fishing, I decided that I am going off to Retro Fitness this morning. I will be there when the doors open at the weekend starting time of 6 AM.



Have a great weekend.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: