Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,



We had a fun, but busy weekend!



Our busyness began with a ride east to the Brodeur’s from Tewksbury on Friday. We arrived a little after 1 PM. After having as light lunch, and socializing for an hour or so, we headed to East Boston for our baby sitting gig for our grandchild Max. Max spends most of his waking hours smiling, and observing his surroundings, and just being the best possible baby that you can imagine.

Kevin and Kyla did go out for the evening, and they returned around midnight.

The 20 minute drive north on Route 93 to get to the Brodeur’s in North Tewksbury was without stress. There aren’t many cars on the highways at that time of the night. My head never hit the pillow until 1 AM.



After a few hours of sleep, I gathered my gear, and headed to Windham, New Hampshire for the start of the Saturday friends ice-fishing derby. It took a little while to find a bait shop that was open, sold bait, and sold a one day license (for me). As a matter of fact, I was the only person on the ice with a fishing license.

Eventually, there were ten of us partying on the small pond. Small perch and some scrawny pickerel are what people caught for most of the day. No, the Curley Lad didn’t win the derby. We had great food, and there was much merriment until we packed up and left the ice at 3:15 PM. My auger and extra tip ups came in handy. It was cool and windy, but we had one of those patio fireplaces going full tilt on the ice to take the chill out.

While I was doing my thing with the men on the ice, other family and friends were inside Todd and Anitra’s home on the lake staying warm next to their wood stove. Since our son Kevin was working all day long at “Dough”, Kyla and Max decided to join the festivities inside the New Hampshire home. After we got off of the ice, Todd and I joined the people by the wood stove. It wasn’t long before most of us returned to Jerry & Ginny’s. After spending all day on the ice, I didn’t last long after supper.



During the middle of the night at the Brodeur’s, Linda got some kind of stomach illness. She wasn’t doing well as we departed from the Brodeur’s for Pittsfield at 10:15 AM. She still isn’t doing well. I am in my “Man Cave” trying to cheer on the Patriots, but they look awful, and are currently losing by 20 points. It will take a miracle if they are going to win this game. The loss of their star receiver is very evident.



We have one of those busy weeks coming up from tomorrow through the following Monday. I am going to try and get in a couple days of ice-fishing depending on the weather.



Well, I am going to read the old local newspapers, and put on some sleep wear. I have a feeling that my head will be hitting the pillow early this evening.

Have to go and check on Linda.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: