Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,



I opened the door at Retro Fitness on Saturday morning. There were no distractions for this weekend starting time of 6 AM. Only the full figured women were at the gym with me and a couple of those muscle bound guys.



When I cam home from the gym, I parked the car in the driveway instead of opening and closing the garage door. Linda appreciated my gesture so much that she slept until 9:30 AM.



While she was reading the newspaper, I decided to bring my returnable bottle and cans back to the supermarket where I purchased the beverages. $11 worth of bottles and cans took a while to process.



I decided that I should stop and see Mom in the nursing home. She appeared to be in good spirits. The only negative was that her hearing aid wasn’t working properly. Trying to make conversation was a real challenge. My sister said that she would deal with the hearing aid on another day.

My father showed up during the second hour of my 2 hour visit.

I was so mentally exhausted when I left the place that I need to take a nap when I arrived back home. I would have never lasted during the house party if I didn’t take that nap.



Linda was off bonding with a girlfriend when I was at the nursing home.



The house party went very well. There was much, food, fun, and merriment. We were permitted to watch football, and converse at the same time.

I was hoping for an upset, but it didn’t happen in either of the two games.



I will be missing the 1 PM game today because I will be at an officers’ meeting at the ITAM. Linda, who is also an officer, will be missing the ITAM meeting because she will be at the Temple (and reception) for a memorial service for the deceased husband of one of her Tuesday Mah Jongg friends. If I wasn’t going to the ITAM meeting, I would be at the Temple with her.



I am going to go directly from the ITAM to my friend’s house to watch the 4 PM football game. If the game isn’t a competitive one, I will leave at half time.



The weather people are predicting rain, freezing rain, sleet, and snow accumulating from 1 to 3 inches. It all starts during the mid afternoon. I am hoping the rain gets rid of the salt on my car. I was going to wash the car yesterday, but with the not so nice weather which was predicted, I thought that the car cleaning would be a waste.



Politics – While at the house party, the conversation did revert to the bankers’ bonuses, local politics, and who will be getting Ted Kennedy’s seat in congress. We diehard Democrats want to keep Ted’s seat Democratic. The voting takes place on Tuesday. The race is too close to call right now. Getting people out to vote will be another problem. Most of us have been getting those recorded messages on our answering machines. I will be glad when the election is over.



Well, I have to select my gym wardrobe.

I hope that my workout will be distraction free like it was on Saturday morning.

Have a great Sunday!

Talk to you soon, The Curley Lad

No comments: