Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,



Another day went exactly as planned. The 10 AM funeral was well attended. The 21 gun salute took place outside of the front steps of the Church since the deceased was to be buried at a later date.

The reception after the funeral at the Wahconah Country Club went very well too. The buffet style food was delicious. They had an open bar for the whole reception. This was very enjoyable for me, but I did need a nap when we arrived back home around 2 PM.



Soon after we arrived home, we received a telephone call from H & S Auto. They called to tell us that the Neon was brought back to life for a second time within a week. The loud “Pop” that Linda heard while driving her car the other day was the brake line exploding. Linda did exactly the right thing to bring the car to a stop, and call AAA.

I think now that she will be driving a safe and warm car (heat issue repaired last week). She could even drive it on the Mass Pike!



I arrived home from Retro Fitness around 6:15 AM this morning. By not getting to the gym at 4:30 AM, there seemed to be more distractions for me to deal with.

As I was watching the television mounted to the tread mills, and stationary bikes, I usually like to watch ESPN. This channel has a lot of commercials for devices which you can purchase that if used properly can get you body in great shape. Why do the people demonstrating these devices already have perfect muscled bodies with no body fat? I want to see overweight people like the ones on “The Greatest Losers” program, or people with my body type in those commercials.



Social Calendar – Linda is the only one socially engaged today. She has her Tuesday Mah Jongg session, and then her monthly BONCO at a friend’s house this evening.

I was thinking about visiting Mom at the nursing home, and giving Laurel Lake in Lee another chance. I have six live bait left. The only problem will be the glare ice that has formed because of the 24 hour rain that we have had for the past day or so. When the ice has no snow cover, it is dangerous to walk on it without creepers. It is also dangerous cutting a hole with an auger because you can spin around as the auger does its job, and this is from the voice of experience. Also, falling on the ice while carrying the auger can be painful too. I have done this several times in the past.



Weather – The cold front is not supposed to settle in until Friday.



Sports – I did watch a sporting contest last evening while trying to make a dent in the 1000 page book which Linda chose for me. The Celtics won their second game in a row. There is no question that they need their big man if they have any chance of winning a championship.

Here we go again. Brett Farve is flip flopping between playing football next year and going into retirement. There are some people who need to work, and he appears to be one of them.

I am picking the Colts to win the Super Bowl.



Speaking of the Super Bowl, I haven’t mentioned the Annual Curley Super Bowl Party because we might not host one this year. It is not that we are going to a bar one or someone else’s Super Bowl party. As we get closer to Super Bowl Sunday (Feb. 7, 2010), I will let you know whether the event will happen or not. We already lost one couple who will be in Boston for a Celtic game on that date.



When I exited the house a little after 4:30 AM, the local newspaper was at the bottom of my driveway. I am hoping that we have a new carrier, and that the person continues dropping off the paper at such an early time. The local newspaper has been arriving later and later each day. Sunday, it wasn’t delivered until 8 AM. I don’t like it when Linda and I are pawing over the newspaper at the same time.



Well, I have a couple quiet activities before I get dressed and make some serious noise.

Have a great Tuesday.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: