Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,



We spent a quiet day at home alone on Saturday.

I left the house to go to Retro Fitness, and stayed home the rest of the day.

I did venture outside to disconnect the outdoor Christmas lights in the bushes in front of the house. Since I was outside I replenished the bird feeders.

I did some work in the basement with respect to cleaning up my bar area, and cleaning up our serving tables, and vacuuming the carpets, etc.

I have to get our basement ready for the next booked in event which is the Annual Curley Super Bowl Party.



When are hosting Super Bowl parties days do come to an end, there will all be kinds of places to watch the game, and eat all kinds of food. As an example, we received a newsletter from the Italian American Club announcing their Super Bowl Party. For $20 per person, there will be food snacks, and prizes. When Italians say food, it won’t be just wings, and chips and dips. I know that the club doesn’t have big screen televisions, but I did hear that they were going to rent them. The party is open to members and guests.



While I was doing my thing on Saturday, Linda was puttering around the house removing the last remnants of clutter. She even got a chance to wash a couple of loads of her clothes which hasn’t done since December 22, 2009 when our house guests first arrived in Pittsfield.

The Christmas Tree will be the first thing that will we get to with respect to taking down the decorations. I wasn’t kidding about leaving the other decorations in house up for several more weeks.



After completing my chores, I settled down to watch some football, and started to read a book written by a local author. I turned the television volume on low, and completed savoring my book by 10:30 PM. The football games were actually kind of boring, and there were too many of them. One set of our friends rented four movies to keep them entertained.

Linda watched her DVR recorded programs, did a little knitting, tended to her clothes, and made lunch and supper for the both of us.



When I woke up this morning, I saw that Linda started a crock pot full of soup before she went to bed. We have another cold and wintry day on tap for today. It is 8 degrees right now with those seemingly endless snow showers. We even have a stiff wind too. It looks like it will be another day where we will enjoy each other’s company, and stay in the house. Not Exactly! Sunday is professional football day for me. I will be in the basement once again watching my sporting contests, and Linda will return to her knitting, and watching television in the family room. Remember – Separation is good to help keep a marriage strong! Of course, there is the possibility that her girlfriend might call, and they will do a little recreational shopping, or see a Chick Flick.



Parents -- My mother and father will have made it through 64 years of marriage on January 5, 2010. My sister and I aren’t sure what we are going to do to help them celebrate the event.



I know that my neighbor and I volunteered to help serve a Polenta Dinner at 5:30 PM on January 5, 2010. This is a Jimmy Fund fundraiser at the new Mazzeo’s restaurant. The chairperson of the event wants us there around 4 PM.



One of our friends turned 59 yesterday. He is relatively good health. After a couple knee replacements, he will be just like he was when he was in his 20’s. Yeah Right!



Speaking of professional football -- Today might be a boring game day for us couch potatoes. 17 teams are still eligible for playoff spots. This is the exciting part. The boring part is that teams which have clinched playoff spots might be sitting their starters to save them for when the playoffs begin. The Patriots might be one of those teams. I am hoping that the Patriots sit their starters when they have the game well in hand as they play Houston today.

How about the New York Jets not selling alcohol in their stadium today? The purveyors of alcohol are not happy!



I haven’t spoken about Retro Fitness because I am delaying my starting time until the plows clean up our street, and the main roads. Retro Fitness is located in a local mini shopping center which will need to be plowed, and salted, and sanded too.



Well, I have to get another cup of coffee, and venture outside to get the Boston Globe, and The Berkshire Eagle in my driveway.

Have a great Sunday.

I have a feeling that ours will be a good one too! The Curley Lad

No comments: