Friday, April 2, 2010

Hello on Good Friday

Dear Friends,



We had another pleasant day in Kansas. We dined out at a local restaurant for supper. Isabelle didn’t take an afternoon nap like I did so there were a few complications trying to get her to sit still. The food was great. Linda and I had ribs for two people, and four side dishes. Usually you get two sides if your order one set of ribs.

Today everyone will be home together since Mike has the day off. I believe that we are going to color a batch of eggs.

The cup cake making went by well yesterday. I worked with Isabelle to put some sprinkles on a cup cake. She gave up after a minute or so and ate the cupcake.

That one cupcake messed up her biorhythm all day. Anyone who claims that sugar doesn’t affect children is really mistaken!



Tiger Woods is playing in the Masters next week. His wife and two children will not be present to cheer him on. Oh Darn! I guess she is not in the forgiving mood quite yet. Maybe Tiger Woods should be like our Lord, and do what Jesus did for us sinners by dying on the Cross. Hold on a minute!

I don’t want to get hung up on religion again even though I know that the elder Yesue was pulling the Curley chain with respect to his comments made on Thursday.



Parents can be the purveyors of a moral education for their child just by the way they bring them up.



There are more churches in Kansas than you can imagine. On the way to Walmart on Thursday, we have to go by a Church in the middle what once farm land called the Church of the Open Door. The Church is huge including a parish center. There must be a lot of believers in Kansas to support a place like this. In the local newspaper, Blly G. has a daily column to help its readers be connected to religion. After the Jim and Tammy Baker fiasco, you would think that people might stop sending contributions to some of these less than honest ministers, but they keep on doing so. Even if the Bakers fell by the wayside, new ones pop up to keep the contributions flowing. Religion is big business as well as attempting to save a few souls.



Speaking of Walmart, this is one is a Super Walmart where you can purchase pretty much everything including grocery store food, and beer and wine. I was glad to see that this Walmart continues it policy to hire the mentally and physically challenged.



While in Walmart, I purchased some sunflower seeds and a bird feeder and hanger. I will let Mike hang it today. They don’t get the same creatures in their back yard that we do so there will be no threat to life and limbs.



I finished savory another book, but I still have two more to go.



The potty training is going quite well. Isabelle didn’t wear a diaper all day on Thursday. She is really progressing quite nicely.



I am the one up right now, but I think that I hear her stirring.



Fish is on the menu for this evening supper.



We have some thunderstorms rolling in around noontime. The East coast will be getting them soon. I did some pictures of the Rhode Island flooding on the news. It looked kind of devastating.

I also saw that the President was making his rounds in the Northeast. I wish that I could have been there for a photo op.



Have a great weekend!

Spend a little time thinking of God!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: