Monday, April 5, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,



We had a wonderful Easter here in Kansas. The brunch went well at the home of a military friend one street over from our son’s house.

Isabelle was the youngest of the 7 children whom were there. After consuming a delicious amount of breakfast type food, the hosts had an Easter Egg hunt, and played some games until Isabelle decided it was time to go back home.



Once again, Isabelle failed to take an afternoon nap, but not Grandpa. I was watching the Boston Celtics basketball until I started to fade. 1.5 hours later I awoke refreshed! After seeing the highlights of the game on ESPN, it looks like I should have watched the game to its completion. The game turned out to be close at the end. There were a bunch of technical fouls, and an ejection of the Cleveland coach. The game was a preview of the upcoming playoffs.



Linda and I put together a wonderful ham dinner. Danielle had purchased a semi boneless low sodium ham. Linda whipped up a delicious glaze for the ham. We also made a casserole dish of scalloped potatoes. I grilled a batch of asparagus, and the meal was complete. We skipped making gravy for the ham What was really great was that I talked Linda and Danielle into not getting a spiral ham. I like getting a ham that you have to carve yourself. Linda does cook a spiral ham very well so that it is not dried out, but there is nothing like carving your own ham (as long as you have sharp knives which Mike and Danielle do have.)



After cleaning up the kitchen, and interacting with Isabelle, I hunkered down for a little Sunday night baseball. The Yankees and Red Sox had their usual marathon baseball game. If you went to bed early because the Yankess had a 5 to1 lead, you missed a great game. The Sox ended up winning by a 9 to 7 score. Pderoia received the player of the game award, but there were many heroes for the Red Sox.



Well, today is our last full day with Isabelle, and her Mom and Dad. We will maximize the interaction with Isabelle and her Mom and Dad. Mike is going off to work a little after 7 AM (CST).

We fly out of Kansas around 10 AM on Tuesday. This won’t be a direct flight. I think that we have a layover in Milwaukee before flying into Logan. Since Tuesday is the day Kevin takes off from work, he and Max will be picking us up when the plane arrives a little after 5 PM.



As of this moment, Kyla’s cruise with a few girlfriends is still on. This means that we will be taking care of Max until she returns from the short cruise. This could mean that we won’t be going home until the following Tuesday. There is a UNICO wine tasting event this coming Friday night. I might go back to the Berkshires, and attend the function alone. This is not a firm decision on my part.

I also have to get that crack in the windshield repaired before my car can get inspected. April is my inspection month.

I just realized that I made an eye doctor appointment for the day Kyla returns from the cruise. I am busy even if I am not home!



We never did the predicted thunderstorms on Sunday. Kansas did get some, but not here where Mike and Danielle live.



Our other grandchild Max went to day care for the first time on Friday. The child care workers had to fill out an accident report because Max banged his head. It was a minor event, and there were no visible signs of any injury, but I guess it is standard protocol.



In a telephone conversation, the Brodeur’s said that they had three deer in their yard eating the tender shoots of the flowers which are starting to emerge from the ground. I had just asked them when we were there a week ago if they had seen any deer.

I did notice one the ornamental evergreen bushes in our son’s yard, one street away from the Brodeur’s, had been chewed on in precisely the way that a deer would eat them. The same set of woods border the Brodeur’s back yard as well as Kevin and Kyla’s back yard. Should we get a bird feeder for Kevin and Kyla?



Also their son Todd, who lives in New Hampshire with his pregnant wife, Anitra, said that they saw a moose and her offspring foraging for food in the small pond which borders their home.



The bird feeder which we put out for Isabelle has attracted on bird in three days. Oh Darn!



Kansas is a nice place to visit, but I miss the woods back home. I love seeing the creatures in my back yard except for the bears who knock down my bird feeders.



Well, I have to do some quiet activities. I thought that I heard Isabelle making some noise, but I didn’t wake her up. Our bedroom is one floor below where we are sleeping. Can me tapping the keys of the laptop wake her up? Isabelle does have bionic ears. When she hears something which is barely audible to us, she always says; “What is that?”

Speaking of Isabelle, she has a bug phobia. When she sees the common house fly on her outdoor toys, she won’t go on them. We had to purchase her a fly swatter at Walmartfor her. Nobody knows where she got this phobia from. We are guessing that she go stung by a bee last summer, and now she figures all bugs are bad!



Have a great week at work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: