Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,



Our Friday went okay except for a little bump in the road. I caused the bump in the road. The day was going fine. Mike and Danielle went off to see a movie while Linda and I took over taking care of Isabelle. I took a nap, but Isabelle refused to take a nap. Linda almost fell asleep trying to tire her out. Isabelle won!

The bump in the road occurred after I woke up from the nap. I peeled a bunch of potatoes, and put the peels in the garbage disposal. I turned on the disposal, and the peels clogged the drain line. It was so jammed up that a plunger didn’t help at all. So after a pleasant afternoon at the movies, Mike came home to the mess that I created. He had to empty the contents in the cupboard underneath the sink, just to get at the pipes. About 30 minutes later the water was flowing freely.

I guess that I forgot that appliances put into a house by contractors are not necessarily of a top notch quality. Our Maytag disposal at home (which is not made by the Maytag Corporation any more even though appliances still carries the name) can grind up pretty much anything. Ours will even grind up shrimp shells. Vegetables peels aren’t even a challenge with our machine. Corn husks and banana peels are about the only thing that it can’t handle. I usually stay away from bones, but it will grind up small chicken bones if I want to give it a work out.



We had a wonderful Salmon meal with oven roasted potatoes, and green beans.



We are just about ready to color the eggs, and then make and decorate a batch of sugar cookies.



The temperatures will reach the mid 60’s today, but the skies are blue and cloudless.



I have plenty of sports to keep me busy starting with some NCAA Men Final Four playoff games which start at 5 PM CST.



Observation – Setting rules for Toddlers appears to be a trying task. To try and get toddlers to listen and process information takes a lot of repetition. Actually this sounds a good deal like me. I try and process what Linda tells me, but I often just do what I want to do. Linda says that this trait seems to have arisen / evolved with age. She claims that I was more cooperative when we were first married. I hope that you young married couples listen to what I am saying. For you young wives, let us hope that your husbands haven’t started this evolution yet. Maybe it is because we have been together so long.

Could it be we started off as caveman, tamed a little by our wives during the early part of marriage, but had the primal urge to return to the caveman state?



The egg coloring ended. Good thing that we did only a dozen because the attention span is not great for a toddler even though she had fun.



Have a great Saturday.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: