Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,



I accomplished most of my goals on Wednesday. My eye appointment showed no need to change prescriptions. The only negative was that the cataract in one eye appears to be growing since my 2008 appointment. The doctor wants me back there in one year instead of two years, or earlier if my vision starts to get impaired. My eyes were dilated for a good portion of the day, and I didn’t like the feeling!



I did give our front lawn a little trim. I did need to put a trickle charger on the battery before the engine would turnover.



I watched and listened to a little of the Red Sox game, which started at 1 PM. The Sox play again at 1 PM today. The listening part took place when the mobile windshield replacement guy showed up at 3:30 PM to replace my cracked windshield. I didn’t realize that I could have had this mobile service done when my car was sitting at the other end of the State. If the new windshield leaks at all, I just call an 800 number, and they will send a technician anywhere in the State to repair it. Live and learn!



I was in bed by the time Linda returned from her Mah Jongg session last evening. She too was busy throughout the day, emptying suitcases, and doing errands.



Social Calendar – I am going off to get the car inspected at 8:30 AM. I need to stop and visit Mom at the nursing home. I haven’t been there in two weeks! She will probably ask where I have been. I can’t show her any new pictures because Linda can’t find her cord that goes from the camera to the computer. Oh Darn!

I think Linda has a couple of body maintenance procedures during the day. She also has to make some desserts for her Book Club meeting which she is hosting tonight. I will be in my man cave watching the first Boston Bruins playoff game.



Observation – The fun things that we were doing for the past few weeks could have only been done if we were retired. If we both worked until age 65 or later, then we couldn’t have bonded with both grandchildren who live hundreds of miles from one another. If we wanted to stay and extra day or so, work would have been a stumbling block. Retirement does have its positive side, but you have to do the time in the workforce to get to the retirement stage. It is truly not normal for young people to sit home and do nothing unless you have a severe physical disability. If you are able bodied, you should enter the work force, even if the job is menial, or go back to school.

Work is good for your mental health! It is like the fad of “Self Esteem”. You don’t give self esteem; you earn it by doing something. A job well done can bring on “Self Esteem.” Working hard to play a particular sport with winning results can bring out self esteem. If Mom and dad sit home all day and do nothing what kind of message are you sending your children? More importantly, who is paying for and allowing this to happen? Luckily the children of all of our friends have entered the workforce. Their parents, like Linda and I, must have gotten the message across!



We will be keeping the heat on for the next several days. We will have highs in the 40’s, and lows in the 30’s. The hill towns might get a coating of snow when a front moves in this evening. I put my snow blower away yesterday. It is resting in the back of my shed until next winter, I hope!



Have a great Thursday!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: