Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

I am up again too early this morning. This means that Max and I will go for an afternoon nap about the same time. I did need a nap on Friday.

Our Friday went okay, but not great! Linda woke up with a cold, and suffered for most of the day. She did tough it out, and took the attitude that "Mothers (and grandparents) can't be sick when there is child rearing / babysitting to do!"

Max and me kept her busy so that she didn't have time to really feel the effects from the cold. When she woke up, she took all the cold remedies which we brought with us. The first thing that she had to do was to set up the crock pot of Beef Stroganoff. Kevin and I dealt with Max's morning needs until Kevin left for work at 9:30 AM. I then started a full load of my clothes which Linda eventually dried and folded.

After Max went down for his morning nap, I went off to Walmart to be with the beautiful people. I had to get some basic supplies for Kevin's home, and some cold stuff for Linda. We had just about enough time to have a sandwich for lunch before Max woke up from his morning nap. I abandoned Linda and Max around 1:30 PM because my body was calling for sleep.

When I woke up from my two hour nap, Max was just settling down for his afternoon nap. I watched a little golf. Kevin arrived home around the supper hour, and we all had supper together. It was kind of pleasant to have another set of hands to help take care of Max. The Strogonoff was a big hit. It is good to be living with a Domestic Goddess!
Max had a little crushed up potato and carrots left over from the pot roast supper instead of baby food. Did you ever try to eat baby food? It is some nasty tasty stuff.

Ginny Brodeur wasn't able to join us for supper especially after Linda told her that she picked up Max's cold / sniffles. Ginny also had to correct some papers, and prepare for her Saturday morning class which she teaches from 9 AM until 2:30 PM at a nearby Community College.
I will call Jerry today to see how his dialysis went on Friday.

Some of the kid's programs on television are starting to get to me. "Yo, Gabba, Gabba" is number one on my list. Our kids grew up with "Sesame Street", and that was enough. This generation has so many programs to choose from. Of course, I should be stressing reading, but with Max teething, he likes to chew on the books at the current time.

Max resisted going to bed, but he did eventually tire himself out. Kevin went to bed first. I stayed up and watched the entire Red Sox game even though they lost the contest. Linda stayed up and hour or so after I went to bed.

Our friends, whom would normally have gone to the Wine Tasting event, decided to go to East Side Pizza. That is quite a let down!
One couple are wine aficionados, but the other couple could really care less about wine as a primary beverage. They did miss a big time array of Italian food. Oh well, the Curley's are like a cog in a wheel. If the cog isn't there, the wheel won't turn!

Yesterday, was a dreary and rainy day here in the Boston area. Even the two cats, and two dogs didn't want to go out in the rain. It is going to be cool, but okay today. Sunday will be the best day of the weekend which is Kevin's day off.

We are missing another party this evening in the Berkshires. An Irish Sister city officer has a son who is turning 20 years old.
Have you noticed that the Irish don't need much of a motivating factor to have a party? We saw this happen when we visited our Irish Sister City in 1999. We were picked up at Shannon airport by our Irish hosts at 7:30 AM. There was a Christening the night before, and some of our hosts stayed up and partied all night before they picked us up by means of a chartered bus at the airport. To pull an all niter for a Christening opened our eyes!

Since Kevin doesn't open up until 1 PM on Saturday, he has a couple of projects around the home to take care of. I hope Linda wakes up better than she looked and felt on Friday. I feel great!

We have no supper food in the house right now. I was hoping that the Brodeur's would invite us for supper this evneing, but Ginny usually comes home from teaching around 3 PM, and she is totally whipped, and she is in no mood for preparing supper.
I haven't discussed what the Curley's are going to do for supper. It might be take out for both families!
One of these days, Kevin will have his own grill on his deck, and I( and Kevin too)will be doing some "Grillin and Chillin."

Politics -- The President will have a chance to appoint another Supreme Court Judge. The Republicans are probably "shaking in their boots" knowing that a second judge with Liberal tendencies might be appointed.

Sports -- I have the Bruins, the Masters, and the Red Sox to give me my daily jolt of sports while trying to entertain Max.

Kyla's Cruise Adventure -- Since this is her first Cruise, she didn't know what to experience. I am not sure if she would rate it an A ++ adventure.
This sounds a lot similar to my (Linda was with me) experience on the one and only cruise which I have been on. I like getting to a destination, and enjoying what the destination place has to offer. I couldn't get by the fact that the vacation begins the minute you are on the ship. Even though the Cruise ship is just like a large floating hotel, I felt trapped more that relaxed. Maybe it was my personality, or the fact that I could get to say to, "the Caribbean", within few hours in a airplane as opposed to a two day trip on a ship in the water. Will I ever go on a Cruise again in my lifetime? If we go with a bunch of people, or when my legs won't allow me to be too mobile.

Our next door neighbor turned 50 years old yesterday. If we were home, Linda and I would have had a little party /gathering in his honor even though he didn't want one. I think that 50 is the age where he can now join AARP!
We would have had a Maters' Golf Party since he is a huge fan of Tiger Woods. The ratings have already gone up since Tiger is back on the tour again. He is so good for golf even though he has a sexual addiction.
They reporters did say that his wife and kids are in town staying at a nearby hotel. I bet he goes straight to the hotel after golf to be with his family.

Have a great weekend!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: