Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went okay in Tewksbury with just a couple of bumps along the way.
Linda and I let Kevin and Kyla do their normal routine for a Monday. This means
Kyla is the first one to get up, and get ready for work and take the first shift
with Max. I was up, but I didn't take part during the initial stages of their
routine. Kevin was up next, and took over child rearing, and said goodbye to
Kyla as she headed off to the train which takes her to North Station. Kevin then
takes Max to day care around 9:30 AM, and heads off to his restaurant in East
Boston.
Linda and I were home alone with the cats and dogs. Linda said: "Let's go off to
the Christmas tree shops in Salem, New Hampshire". Since it was near lunch time,
we decided to "do lunch." We had a nice lunch at an Italian chain restaurant
called "Policari's" which has its origins out of the North End (Italian section)
in Boston. The Calimari, and small classic pizza were delicious. The dough on
the pizza tended to be light and airy as opposed to our son's home made dough at
his restaurant. We brought a couple pieces home for Kevin and Kyla to sample,
and they both agreed that the pizza was pretty good.

We purchased a car load of treasures at the Christmas Tree Shops before we
headed home. Kyla left work early and arrived ten minutes before we got home,
but she was doing some work at home as we walked in the front door. To our
surprise, Kevin came home early , and joined us for the Pot Roast crock pot
dinner. It was super as usual.

I did purchase Kevin some grill devices, one of which we might use today. I
bought a beer can chicken device. Kevin seemed like he wanted to try it today,
since it is his day off. The only glitch with that thought is that Kyla has been
craving a burger on the grill. Maybe we will do both forms of meat to make her
happy.

The bump along the road occurred last evening. A little after midnight, Max
started crying. He still has his runny nose, and Linda and I detected that he
had a slight fever. Linda was the first one up to try, and get Max settled down.
After a while Kevin got up, and had to go through the process once again. I even
got semi blamed for causing the problem. Our room is adjacent to Max's room. I
put my sleep apnea device on a side table which leans up against the wall. On
the other side of the wall is Max's crib. Kevin comes into my room, and says the
noise of the machine is vibrating into Max's room, and that it causing him to
stay awake. I put the sleep apnea device on the floor, and the vibration ended
so that Max could go back to sleep. I seem to bug people even when I am
sleeping!

Everybody is so exhausted, that they all are still sleeping except for me. There
are going to be a few tired people in this house today.

Social Calendar -- Kevin wants to do some yard work. I could either help him, or
do some protective taping of a room Kyla wants to change the color of. Kevin is
also thinking about getting a lawn mower. The computer research has begun for a
self propelled lawn mower. He still insists that he wants to do the lawn
himself, and not pay a lawn service guy to do so. It looks like Linda will be
taking care of Max while Kevin and I do our thing.

Sports -- It is discouraging watching or listening to the Red Sox. To lose the
first four of a ten home games is not good. The Yankees do nothing but win. I am
going to use the phrase which my Yankee friends always us when their team is not
doing well: "It is early in the season!" Well, this all sounds nice, but the Red
Sox don't have the makeup of a come from behind team this year.
The bright spot last night was the fact that the Boston Bruins Hockey team now
leads their playoff series by a 2 to 1 margin.
The Celtic's on the other hand, will be without Kevin Garnett for their
Wednesday night playoff game. He got suspended for an incident during the first
playoff game. Oh Darn!

Linda and Kyla have been very understanding to let Kevin and me watch sporting
contests instead of putting on what they want to watch. Good thing for the DVR
system which they have. A few years from now, Kevin can finish off one of the
two rooms in his basement, and turn it into a man cave. The tile floor and heat
are already there. He needs a drop ceiling. The cable connections are there. I
can see him and Max bonding in the Man Cave a few years from now.

The Volcanic Ash problem has even affected a person at Kyla's place of work. A
person from their London office has been stuck here in the States for several
days.

World News -- I feel bad for the 10 year old girl from Mexico who is 17.5 weeks
pregnant by way of her step father. Abortion is legal in Mexico, but not at such
a late term in this very Catholic country. I used the word Catholic because this
religion would like no abortions to be performed at all.

Well, I have to grab a second cup of coffee, and do so quietly. Kevin heard me
banging pots, pans, and dishes when I emptied the dishwasher on Monday morning.
I guess that is not a quiet activity.
Linda has some yarn that needs to be balled up which is a quiet activity. The
only problem is that the two cats think that I am trying to play with them, and
try to grab the yarn with their claws. I give up! There is pretty much nothing
that I can do that ends up a quiet activity. People will just have to adjust to
me!

Have a great Tuesday!
It will be a few degrees warmer around here today compared to yesterday.
Tomorrow will be in the 70 degree range before returning to more seasonable
temperatures for this time of the year in the Boston area.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: