Monday, April 12, 2010

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

Yesterday went okay despite my blossoming cold, and Linda trying to make it through her cold. I feel so much better this morning despite the baby waking up at midnight crying. Linda tried everything in her motherly skills which included taking the baby to bed with us to calm him down. Nothing worked until Kevin took Max into his King size bed. I woke up at 7 AM because I heard Kevin changing Max's diaper. Kevin went back to bed, and I am up with Max watching "Yo Gabba, Gabba."

Today is our last full day with Max. Kyla returns from her cruise this evening. I think that I might be the person who picks her up at the airport.

Yesterday was a full day outside for Kevin and I. Kevin weeded while I pulled up over 100 staples which held plastic sheeting around the structure which held an outdoor hot tub. The ex husband of the previous owners took the $12,000 tub with him as part of the divorce.
We went to home depot, and purchased white decorative rock and several bags of mulch. We didn't finish the project, but Kevin will do so on his day off on Tuesday.

I did listen to the Red Sox on the Radio, but I only caught the last couple holes of the Masters on television.

Ginny Brodeur stopped by to visit. She is so good at recognizing shoots of various plants and flowers. I have no clue which are flowers and which are weeds. One year I dug up many flowers thinking that they were weeds. Linda wondered why the flowers never came out that year. I told her that the moles ate them. Oh Darn! Could I be a sinner?

It was leftovers for supper last evening. We did get an invite from the Brodeurs, but Linda and I were so sick yesterday that we were afraid of passing on the germs to the Brodeurs.

I went to bed at 9 PM since I was feeling so bad.

I did have two weird dreams last evening. One was about one of me e-mails recipients who works for the government. They had a party for him where he was sort of roasted by all of his friends. I remember a punch bowl full of some kind of exotic alcoholic mixture. I do remember the party continuing at the Shamrock in Dalton.
Just before I woke up, I had a dream about a son of another friend who has a sister who has a couple of kids. I know that this friend in real life is very close to earning a doctorate degree. I asked him if he was married. He didn't respond right away. I also said that his parents are hoping that he brings them a grandchild soon. My dream ended when his gay partner walked into the discussion. I don't even know that this guy is gay, it was just part of my dream.
I was trying to figure out why these dreams occurred. The first story probably came about because of my other friend who works for the government, and turned 50 on April 9, and me talking about a party for him.. The second dream is a mystery to me. Wait that is not true! Just before I went to bed, I watched some type of two person challenge program which has two lesbians as partners on the same team. The mind works in mysterious ways, at least my mind does!

Kevin will be off to work at 9:30 AM. It will be Linda, Max and Me together until Mom comes home, and then Kevin when closes up "Dough" for the evening.

Today is also packing day for Linda and I. This doesn't sound like a big deal, but we have two sets of clothes, one for short term stays, and the other for long term stays. If we had children, we would have to strap them to the roof of my car once tha car is packed with all the clothes.

Well, I have to end this e-mail sooner than planned. Max trying to pick up and eat cheerios didn't last as long as I had planned. Frankie Beans was there to pick up any dropped cheerios.

Have a great Monday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: