Friday, February 18, 2011

Hello on Friday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned in Curley world.
I once again was the first one to leave the house on Thursday. I was on the ice and all set up for ice-fishing by 7:30 AM. I was the only person on the ice for a couple of hours until about 9 AM. It was a beautiful day to be out on the ice. The sun was shinning so intensely as the temperatures rose to about 50 degrees that I took off a wool sweater. I definitely didn't need long underwear, and layers of clothes. I did get a couple of flags, but no fish. I did get a pretty good sun tan.

While I was doing my thing, Linda was enjoying the solitude. She did eventually leave the house to make a grocery run, but we didn't need much since we are heading east in a few short hours.

I was able to take a nap after ice-fishing.

Linda left the house to go off to her pot luck dinner with bunch of girlfriends at 5:30 PM. I waited until 7:30 PM before headed off to Patrick's Pub. There was much fun at Linda's and my event. Rakish Paddy did an excellent job recording a CD while our table of ten or so people cheered them on.

This Saturday is the 2nd annual Seavey Pond Ice-Fishing Derby. This is not a sanctioned Derby. This is just a gathering among friends at a small pond in Windham, New Hampshire. We started this Derby last year. There was so much food, fun, and merriment last year that we decided that it should be an annual event. Todd Brodeur, Linda's godson, built a home which overlooks the pond. This home will be our home base. We won't be so lucky with warm weather for the derby. The forecast is temperatures in the low 30's with 25 to 35 mile per hour winds.

I didn't see many news worthy events as I scanned CNN and USA Today on line.
If you are a leader in the Arab nations, and if you have been in power for a lot of years, your job might be coming to an end. We Americans taught the rest of the world how to protest. Do you think that places like North Korea, and China will allow their people the right to protest? Democracy is a wonderful thing, but it does come with a price!

We are staying at Kevin and Kyla's on Friday and Saturday night, and then it is back to the Berkshires on Sunday morning. We have a Sunday night party at Patrick's Pub. Does anyone detect a party theme in the lives of Linda and me?

Well, I have to make a list of items which I need to pack for the Derby. This will be the first time that the Kia will hold my Ice-Fishing equipment. Could this be the start of a beautiful thing?

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: