Saturday, February 5, 2011

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,


Our Friday went okay with a few bumps along the way.
We had mentally planned to do errands, attend a wake, go to a Mayoral reception at our City Hall, and attend a welcome dinner at the ITAM Lodge for our Italian Sister City Guests.


I received a cell phone call that the flight from Washington, D.C. To Logan airport was delayed. I was not part of the pick up of our Italian Sister City guests, but I was pressed into action. I was asked to drive to Westfield, about a 40 minute drive from Pittsfield, and pick up our guests.
The driver of the original pick up' who lives in Westfield, had planned a family trip to the Boston Celtic Game. The Curley Lad dropped off Linda and a carload of groceries home, and I headed East on the Mass Pike.
I did get our guests to the Mayoral reception, helped them check into their hotel, and got them to the reception / Welcome buffet dinner at the ITAM.
Linda had to take my car to the Wake, which I missed, and drive herself to the Welcome dinner.
We did sit together at the ITAM.
Linda left for home first. I followed shortly after I found out someone else was dropping off our guests at the hotel.


We are not involved with our Italian guests today except for attending a four PM Mass at St. Mark's.


We are supposed to go out tonight with another couple or two at a Tavern in Lenox. We have another wintry mix heading our way today. If it is icy this evening, we are staying home.
Our guests also asked to be driven to Boston toward the end of the day because they have a 9:00 AM flight back to Italy on Sunday morning. They were nervous about the wintry mix which we will be getting today.


I am leaving the house before Linda gets up today. We went to two grocery stores before the change in plans happened. We went to this one store for some pork, which was on sale, that we use for making pulled pork sandwiches. The meet manager was new, and he under ordered this particular cut of pork. He told us that a new supply was coming in today.


Well, I have to do some quiet chores, and do my first errand of the day.
Have great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: