Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

Our Sunday went pretty much as planned.

I stopped in Lee to visit my father on the way to pick up the Culver's at Bradley International Airport in Hartford, Connecticut. My dad appeared to be in good spirits.

I had to park my car in short term parking because the Culver luggage became a problem. The night of the flight cancellation, they were told that their luggage would be on their Sunday flight home. Not! The bag claim carousel went round and round without their luggage. They had to go to baggage claim, and try and find where their luggage was. After stand in a long line, they were told that their luggage was still in Atlanta. The Delta Airlines baggage claim agent said that they would deliver their luggage to the Culver home. The Culver's learned a valuable lesson in all of this confusion. In your carry on bag, always carry a clean set of underwear, a shirt / blouse, and maybe an extra pair of socks. Staying two days in a hotel, or at a friend's home like they did, in the same set of clothes could be quite uncomfortable. Also, wearing the comfortable, but not necessarily cute footwear, is a real must. She found out that wearing open toe sandals didn't work well as we arrived home in their unplowed driveway.

While I was doing the pick up, Linda was picked up with her shopping buddy, and they went to grocery store so that Linda could pick up a prescription. She had intended to purchase some fruit for me as well as the prescription, but the pain started to kick in. Her and her girlfriend, went across the street from the grocery store to the 99 Restaurant. The pain intensified, and she couldn't enjoy her lunch. Her lunch became her supper. I was home when she arrived from her adventure. Pain medication became the only thing on her mind. The Hernia surgery looks like it is going to put a damper on her activities for the upcoming week. I know that one of these days she will wake up pain free, but it looks like it won't be soon.

As far as how I did at caregiving on Sunday, I might have earned another "D". She made her own breakfast when I was snow blowing. Lunch was semi fun because she finally left the house after multiple days of being cooped up in a house. Supper she prepared her own supper of left overs.

I will try and be more attentive today, but I have a 1 PM Retired Educator Association of Massachusetts meeting. I can't skip the meeting since I am President of the Berkshire County Chapter of REAM.

Linda's ability to attend her Tuesday Mah Jongg session doesn't look promising. I don' t want her driving a car while on pain medication. Sitting in a chair for several hours is physically impossible for her right now. Oh Darn!

The Oscars -- Did any of my readers stay up and watch the Oscars? The pre game started at 7 PM which was when I went into my man Cave.

At 7 PM, I watched 60 minutes on CBS. a segment of the program was based on espionage. China has stolen all of our secrets on weapons including our nuclear weapons. They steal all of technology on everything which we create in the United States. Of course, they have to have help from our own people on the inside. After watching this program, I am convinced that execution is the only way to deal with spies against our country. Yes, those are harsh words coming from a Liberal Democrat. Yes, I am giving up my Christian values of forgiveness.

The second of segment of 60 Minutes was based on people whom have a terminal illness like ALS, etc., believing that special procedures by snake oil type of doctors and sales people can cure them of their disease. 60 minutes had these frauds on videos, and they still stuck with their positions that what they were doing could cure these desperate people. One family sold their house ($150, 000), and paid for the useless procedures. The bad guys even had a fee structure if you had less money to spend on the procedure.

After 60 minutes was over, I watched the Boston Bruins win their 5th game in a row while reading a book on my I Pad.

I just got through skimming our local newspaper, and I found a positive article about one of my former students. I am pretty sure that he graduated from C.W. Post College on Long Island, which is the college which I graduated from. Joey Esposito has hit the big time. He is writing and reviewing Comic Books. He created his own comic book called "Footprints" which is a four issue miniseries about Bigfoot as a mystery solver. I remember Joey as a pretty good, quiet, and hard working student in my Advance Mathematics Class ( Trig and Functions as it used to be called). Joey is working and living in Los Angeles. This article was so much better than reading about some of my former students who make the police briefs.

One of the fires last week in New York was traced to a Voodoo experience. A Shaman was hired by a woman to do a procedure to bring the woman better luck in her life. Her first good luck was to have sex with the Shaman. Candles might have eventually caused the fire that burned out many people out of apartment building.

Linda just woke up, and she is is really aching once again. I had to make a piece of toast so that she can take a pain pill. She really doesn't want to keep taking taking them, but the pain seems to be never ending. She might need to give the doctor a call today to see if what she experiencing is normal.

Our military son appears to heading for a base in the United States, and not in a foreign country. This was good news for Linda and I.

I did something dumb yesterday. I set a pair of gloves on the rear window wipers of the Kia after doing the morning snow blowing. When I left the house, I forgot that they were there. I drove down the street with the gloves balancing on the wipers. The last glove fell off when I turned on the rear wipers a mile from our home. I saw the glove fly off the rear window, and go bouncing down the street. I was on a busy road, and couldn't stop the car to retrieve the one glove. I really don't know where and when the first glove fell off the car. Good thing that these gloves were relatively inexpensive.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: