Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

I went with Linda to her doctor's appointment, and I never left the house after that. Linda did go off to socialize with her knitting group on Wednesday night.

While I was sitting in the main lobby of the medical arts complex waiting for Linda to get some blood drawn, I plopped myself down in a chair and just people watched. There was a guy sitting next to me that proceeded to tell me his life's story. I don't know what it is, but total strangers have an urge to strike up conversations with me even when I don't initiate the conversation. I found out that this guy and his wife live about 20 minutes from Pittsfield in a place called Williamstown. While driving his wife to the hospital, his muffler fell off of his car, and he lost the heat in the car. The guy has beaten throat cancer, and has been cancer free for 28 days. He has had three back operations, and he is on disability. He was forced to retire as a mechanic when he was 58 years old. He is now 70 years old. Since his disability insurance wasn't much, he worked at a C B radio repair shop in New Hampshire off of Route 495. While working at this business, his income was under the table. He lived in New Hampshire during the week, and came home on weekends. Sometimes I feel like a priest (or a psychiatrist) because it seems like people want to confess their sins to me or they are seeking psychological help. Do I really project that image?

We have a busy day on tap for today. Linda leaves the house first with a morning body maintenance procedure. We then are taking a friend to a doctor so that she can have cataract surgery on her second eye. Her appointment is in a neighboring town about 20 minutes from her house. She has to be there at 12:30 PM. Linda and I will do lunch while she is being worked on.
After we drop the lady back to her home, we have to freshen up because we are off to judge a high school science fair at 4 PM. The science fair will take place at the Berkshire Museum which is about 150 paces from Patrick's Pub. We might stop at the Pub after the science fair. It doesn't appear that I will be able to squeeze in an afternoon nap on this day.

We have another day of very little snow melting. We will hit a high of 20 degrees, but then the temperatures will hover around zero tonight. We don't have any major snow events in the forecast for the next several days.

Valentines Day - Well the big day is coming up on Monday. The Chocolate stores, the Jewelry stores, the Restaurants, and the Floral Shops, Spa places, etc. are gearing up for the big day. Valentines day is a lot like Christmas. Why can't that warm and fuzzy feeling that you get by being with loved ones be a year long event? I appreciate my spouse every day of the year. I don't need a special day to remind me of that. If you don't have a friend to share the day with, give yourself a treat.
Linda keeps a hidden stash of chocolate away from me because I just can resist having more than a couple of pieces. She had a couple bowls of Chocolate put out for the Super Bowl party. She went in my man cave and removed them the day after the party. She knew that I would gobble them up instead of savoring them like she does.

While Linda was at Panera Bread last evening, I watched a very exciting Boston Bruins Hockey game. The Bruins finally beat their arch rivals, the Montreal Canadians. It took them 8 goals to win the game, and it was non stop action as soon as the puck was dropped at 7 PM. This rivalry can be compared the the Red Sox versus Yankee one. Speaking of the Red Sox, they loaded up the truck with baseball gear , and headed to their preseason home in Fort Myers, Florida. My cousin and his wife live in Fort Meyers. Maybe Linda and I should stay with them for a few days, and catch some Red Sox games.

I see where a married Republican politician from New York State got himself in trouble using the Internet. He posted a picture of himself on Craigslist, and said that he was divorced, and looking for a new woman in his life. His stupidity cost him his career, and will probably destroy his marriage. Are the brains of some men located in a different part of their body?

Speaking of men, I think that I threw out the Swim Suit edition of Sports Illustrated in my rush to put my paper recycle materials out with the trash yesterday.

Well, I hope that all of my readers have a great Thursday.
You know what Linda and I will be doing.
Talk to you soon.
The Curley Lad

No comments: