Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Hope that your Tuesday went well because ours went exactly as planned.

I did my usual snow blowing after the Queen woke up. When that task was accomplished, I helped Linda set up for her Tuesday Mah Jongg session. I left as three ladies joined Linda for a bring your own food for Lunch / Mah Jongg began. Three of the regulars were unable to play. One lady is recovering from surgery, one had a cold, and the third person tries to find warmer climates in which to spend the winter. Being into the 50's is better than then nine degrees which it is right now in Pittsfield. Linda and I both agreed that we would be in places closer to the equator so that there would be in no danger of being coolish.

The hour long radio program went very well.
On the way home, I stopped at the Italian American Club because they were having another pasta fundraiser, and I asked the person in charge if my services were required. I told the person that I had an Irish Sister City Meeting that I could not miss. He said that he had enough workers. This fundraiser was for the Pittsfield High School Cheerleaders who will be going to a National Competition.

I had time to take an afternoon nap which I really needed since I was up so early.

At 5:30 PM we headed off to the Library for our Irish Sister City meeting. This meeting lasted for one hour and 20 minutes. After this action packed meeting, several of us went off to Patrick's Pub for some food, fun, and merriment. Linda and I lasted until about 10 PM. I went directly to bed and tried to read a book which I just started. You all know that I wasn't too successful in that endeavor.

One of my friends went off and purchased 40 incandescent light bulbs after he read my observation comments in Tuesday's email.

Observation - While doing the radio program with my UNICO president, I always ask him how his electrical business is going because times were tough when the housing and construction business took a nose dive. He said that his electrical business has changed during the last few weeks into a snow removal business. He and his crew started off doing the snow removal for a friend's home. Some neighbors on the street saw them doing snow removal, and asked them to do their roof. All of a sudden, the snow removal snowballed into a whole new business. My friend has a cherry picker too. My friend did say that this snow removal takes a lot of work to do. His crew also removes the ice from the gutters which requires a good deal of ice chopping. Linda said that she read about a poor man's version of removing snow from roofs. There is a special salt designed for roofs. You put the salt in pantyhose, and toss them up on your roof. I am trying to visualize what this will look like as Mother Nature goes from Winter to Spring.

I am debating whether to accompany Linda to a doctor's appointment. She has a 9:00 AM appointment, but they want her to arrive early to fill out paperwork.

If the hospital has wi-fi access, I will go. I have to do the minutes for the Sister Meeting last evening. This will take some time to do since the meeting went for over an hour.

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: