Monday, February 21, 2011

Hello on President's Day

Dear Friends,

Does Guinness beer have healing power? I had strained my back hauling my ice-fishing gear in and out of my car during the three days which I spent on frozen ponds. This morning my back feels so much better than it did as we left Tewksbury on Sunday morning. I am not completely pain free, but I can move around today with a little more ease. l am going to just relax today, and sit in my lounge chair and read a book on my I Pad. I do have a UNICO membership meeting at 6 PM at a local restaurant this evening.
If the roads aren't bad today Linda might do some recreational shopping with a girlfriend who has the day off of work since it is President's Day
Last evening's surprise birthday party for a 90 year old Irish friend turned out very well. Patrick's
Pub did another superb job with food, and serving beverages for a packed party room. The Rakish Paddy band provided music for the party. Wine and beer were complimentary throughout the evening. Linda was my designated driver as the party came to an end.







For some reason, I hit a button and sent my blog before I finished composing it.

The global news had nothing that peaked my interest.

It was nice to see a twenty year old won the Daytona 500. This got me thinking how good our reflexes use to be at that age. We gain wisdom as we get older, but the brain / reaction system in our bodies definitely slows down.

I am watching a report on television right now which claims that Americans are drinking less than the nations throughout the world. The report also claims that 1/3 of our nation doesn't consume alcohol at all. Nations like Germany and Russia are among the leaders in alcohol consumption.

On that note, I will end my blog for this Monday.

Have a great week at work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: