Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I am up early because I am heading off to Retro Fitness to be with the 4:30 AM crowd. I also want to beat the upcoming storm which could put us in the 15 to 30 inch range of snow fall before it is all over. Our son and his family in Leavenworth Kansas are getting the snow too. Our son and his family in North Tewksbury will be dashing through the snow too. Linda started a crock pot of Chicken soup last night before she went to bed. A Crock Pot of Beef Stew is on the menu for Wednesday. Linda did a grocery run yesterday afternoon. I made sure that I had enough gasoline for the snowblower. This is a two part storm which will give me time to snow blow after round one. I made sure the flash lights, batteries, portable radios are accessible just in case the power goes out. I have my Grill to Go ready to use if necessary. It is cold enough in the garage to keep the food in the freezer frozen for at least a couple of days. Linda has enough Yankee Candles to light up the whole neighborhood should the power go out. We have enough fake logs to put in the fireplace to keep us warm, and to be able to cuddle if we have no heat. In other words, bring on the storm, the Curley's are prepared.

I visited dad on Monday. He mentioned again that he feels like a widower. I wish my sister and I can convince him to sell the house in Lee, and go to an assisted living place. He is one lonely person. I feel that the loneliness will kill him before any physical problem does. My sister offered my father to live at her place, but he like my Aunt Gladys, who lives next door, are going to live and die in their own home. Linda and I love our home, but we are not attached to it like the World War II generation is.

I see where the prostitutes are lining up in the areas surrounding the Super Bowl this weekend. Texas law enforcement officials said that they are also going to break up any child prostitution rings working in the area too. They said that Child Prostitution has been a real problem in past Super Bowls. What a sad commentary for us, and the Democratic Society which we live in?

On a happier note, Linda and I were invited for supper last night to eat some leftovers from the Sunday night party for the retiree. The food was wonderful a second time around. The retiree decided to not head south until the storm is over. He felt guilty leaving his wife to deal with a couple of feet of snow in their driveway. She like Linda is never going to fire up a snow blower, and get involved with snow removal. There is a woman across the street from us who does it all. She snow blows her driveway, and mows the lawn in the summer time. Most of our friends have wives of the same mentality as our wives. Certain jobs are what husbands are supposed to do as part of the marriage contract.

I just returned from Retro Fitness. A light snow started to fall to and from my 2 mile ride to the gym. The usual suspects were there. The beautiful people decided to stay home. I stuck with pedaling devices for most of the hour.

The oil prices have already started to rise because of the Egyptian crisis. North Korea and South Korea are at it again physically. A o Judge in Florida has ruled Obama Care unconstitutional. Massachusetts started mandatory Healthcare before the Federal programs were signed into law. We in Massachusetts have been doing okay with it. The Republicans are being pushed by the drug companies because their profits took a hit with Obama Care. The lobbyists representing the medical field secured big bucks to get people elected who would vote their way so that big profits would be at an all time high. Does our Congress have the same Obama Care coverage as the average citizen?

The radio program went well on Monday. There was a minor problem. An email was sent by the host of the program last week saying that the starting time was noon for the Gormalley Lad and me. I had spoken to the host who was at the fundraiser which I worked this past Thursday. He reminded me of a 10: AM start time. Well, the Gormalley Lad's wife happened to be listening to the program, and she heard me on the radio. He rushed to the radio station, and made it for the last 30 minutes. The Gormalley Lad is on my daily blog, but he must not of read that I said that I was going to be on the radio at 10:00 AM. The error didn't turn out to be a big deal because we will both be on the radio next Tuesday. He has the 10 AM slot, and I have the 11:00 AM slot. I will be on the radio with my UNICO President discussing up coming Italian events.

I did forget to mention on Monday that Tiger Woods had a less than stellar performance during the last two rounds of the tournament which he played in last week. I believe that he ended up in 55th place. Has he turned into just an average golfer?

Well, I have to quietly take a shower, and get ready to head off to an 8:30 AM appointment. After the appointment, I will just hunker down with the Queen and watch the snow fall. Many Schools in our county are going to open on time, but dismiss early. Years ago you could get a full day of credit for attending a half day of school. They stopped that practice a couple of years before Linda and I retired.


Have a great couple days if you are in the track of the storm. Don't try and fight Mother Nature, but embrace it! Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: