Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that all of you had a wonderful Valentines Day like Linda and I had. We did absolutely nothing all day long.

I was the only one who had to leave the house for a UNICO Board meeting. The supposedly short meeting ended up being one hour and twenty minutes long. Good thing that our plans were to have Chinese Food delivered to the house.

What a difference a day makes? Yesterday, we got a hint of spring as the temperatures in the Berkshires almost hit the 50 degree mark. We had some serious melting. The temperatures dropped overnight and it 10 degrees right now with the wind blowing. We might not hit 20 degrees today. Yesterday reminded me of when the sap is running. You want the sap flowing during the day, and cool nights to stop the flowing. We will rebound tomorrow with temperatures which can melt snow, but the rest of the week seems to have an up and down pattern. Yesterday might have had some people thinking that they could put away their snow blowers and shovels, but there is still a great deal of winter left.

I read the local newspaper before starting this e-mail. Pittsfield has some dumb people just like the ones I can read about in USA Today, or by reading CNN on line. A parking meter person, aspiring to be a policeman some day, just put an end to his dream. He was out the other evening a Pittsfield Bar called the Home Plate, which some of my local readers might know. He became a little feisty as the 2 AM closing time started to arrive. The bar owner had to call the police, and the guy was arrested after a brief struggle.

I see where Lady Gaga, Madonna's replacement, said that she smokes a lot of Pot while she creates her songs. I think that she smokes a lot pot all day long!

Poor Tiger Woods, it wasn't bad enough that he shot a 75 the last day of the tournament in Dubai, but he is going to be fined for spitting while playing golf. This "no spitting" is a rule in European Golf. Kick them while their down is still in effect!

Some student at Pittsfield High School started a fire in one of the bathrooms, and the school had to be emptied. I think someone wanted to go outside since the temperatures were so high. It also could be that the culprit wanted to see his girlfriend. Do Linda and I miss things like this?
I remember one of these incidents at my high school. The student at Taconic pulled the fire alarm when the temperatures were in the teens. This is another case where "Stupid people shouldn't breed!"

Talking about another blunder in the Berkshires, a person did a little tweeting while he was a juror in a sex abuse case where the defendant was defrocked priest. The Tweeter had to be removed as a juror. The messy case finally did end with the defrocked priest judged guilty of sexually assaulting to boys who are now in their 30's. The defrocked priest could get life in prison. Do you wonder why some many Churches have had to shut their doors?

I also saw in the local news where a hill town cancelled a weekend ice fishing derby for kids. The reason was too much snow as well as the ice being too thick. This situation is similar to when ski areas shut down because they claim to have too much snow?

Social Calendar -- Even though this is a normal Tuesday Mah Jong Session for Linda, today has a little twist. The husband of today's session told the Mah Jongg ladies to go directly to a restaurant which is located a quarter of a mile from the host home in Cheshire. The ladies can order whatever they want from the menu at the restaurant, and he will pick up the tab. This is like having a second Valentines Day present.

Speaking of Valentines Day, I did get the Queen a little bauble from our favorite Jewelry Store. A lot of guys like to take their wives out to dinner, but if they are like me who likes to eat, it is like a dual treat! I mentally try and do the flower routine, but the darn flowers die too soon. We were so poor growing up that purchasing food (a hunk of meat of some sort) took a higher priority than buying flowers. Like I always say, when you have been with someone for almost forty years, Valentines Day isn't just one day of the year. I couldn't live without my Valentine.

I was all set to have several hours of uninterrupted pleasure savoring a book on my kindle app on my I Pad. Not!
UNICO is preparing food (Pasta Dinner) for the Girls Club Basketball Traveling Team. I will be working the floor / buffet line making sure all of the details are taken care of. This is my specialty since I tend no to be a shy individual. My friend, and radio talk show host, said that he would announce the event today on his three hour live program. He said that he and his lovely wife might even attend the event. If anything we do in the community has anything to do with kids, or people in need, my friend does everything he can to support what is going on.

Politics -- The Republicans are already attacking the proposed cuts which President Obama has presented to Congress. I guess the Democrats would do the same thing if we had a Republican President.

Well, I have to do some quiet activities since the Queen is still in a state of slumber. Have a great Tuesday. Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: