Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hello from Pittsfield

Dear Friends,

I was a little more attentive to Linda's needs on Monday. My caregiving grade would have been in the B+ range. I didn't earn an A because the pork loin supper which I prepared had a minor defect. Linda thought the pork could have been cooked a little more. It was a bit too pink for her taste buds. When we baby boomers were growing up, we were taught to overcook the pork because we were afraid to get trichinosis. Pork production has improved so much over the years that pork doesn't have to be cooked until it has the shoe leather quality. Right now we have to worry about the antibiotics which the pork producers give to the pigs. If we lived a Vegan life style, we might be better off. Not in my lifetime!

Linda did talk to a nurse from the surgeon's office, and she was told that the uncomfortable feeling which she has been experiencing is perfectly normal. Linda was told that she is doing everything correctly, and she was to continue taking pain medications as needed. One of these days she will wake up pain free. Linda was awake at 5:30 AM. She had apiece of toast and a pain pill for breakfast. She did inform me that she is running a little fever. This is not good! I might have to take her to see the doctor at some point today. Oh Darn!

Linda did decide that she couldn't make it through her regular Tuesday Mah Jongg session. I am going to take her a haircut appointment this morning. A trim doesn't take that long, and she thinks that she could make it through this appointment.

I have no meetings today, so care giving will be my number one priority. Yeah Right!

Observation - I did notice some of the fliers in the Sunday newspaper advertised patio furniture. Do you think that we might need a little reduction in the three or four feet of snow on my deck before I can even think about replacing some of our outdoor furniture? The Curley's do need a new umbrella. I set the umbrella on the deck because of an impending windy day last summer. One of the creatures which eats my bird seeds decided that it would make a good nest. The creature wasn't content to bring in my sun flower seeds, and enjoy the nesting space. The creature ate holes in my umbrella.

I also can wait to fire up the grill, and hear the sizzle of a steak. A George Foreman grill in the house is just not the same as being outdoors and waking up the olfactory senses of the whole neighborhood. I also can't wait to have some summer time parties on the deck.

I did make lunch for the Queen before going off to my 1 PM meeting on Monday. The meeting, which I ran, lasted for 1 hour.

I went from the meeting to Stop & Shop to replenish my fruit supply. It was supposed to be a quick in and out event. Not! I was pawing over some apples when a former colleague recognized me. 45 minutes later, I left the store. If anyone thinks that me and the Gormalley Lad talk a great deal, this guy would be on a par with us two. During the conversation, I find out that this guy is the godfather of one of the recipients of my daily blog. The old saying that we live in a small world came true once again. My friend and I always end up in these long conversations because his son-in-law, and our oldest son graduated from military academies. We both find out what our loved ones are doing with respect to their military careers.

I am watching the local news which comes out of Albany. The news highlighted a New York State worker who has a life time pass for all toll roads. Of course, this is a negotiated benefit, and the Public is not happy with this perk.

Weather -- Our weather prognosticators can't get it right. On Monday, we were supposed to get a couple inches of rain, which would have been awful to deal with. Our rainfall total on Monday was a 1/2 inch. We did have some huge puddles of water in the low lying areas throughout the city. The Kia is a high profile vehicle, and goes through some of those large puddle quite well. They would have to send out scuba drivers if I drove my 2000 Legacy Wagon through the larger puddles.


I did listen to the call in talk radio program on Monday. My talk show host friend jokingly referred to me as a "Liberal Weeny." I might have to respond today on his radio program. I hope none of the listeners threaten me with bodily harm.

Well, I have to get the newspaper on our icy driveway. I will be wearing ice creepers on my boots for sure.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: