Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hello on Sunday

Dear Friends,

Hope that you all had a pleasant Saturday.

Linda's Saturday went okay. She seemed to be in good spirits. The prodding and poking didn't happen as often because it was the weekend. Anyone who saw Linda walking in the halls of third floor thought she looked pretty good, and wondered why she was walking around in a hospital gown. She got the same reaction from our Dalton friends when they came to visit around 5 PM. She looks perfectly normal on the outside.
No one was there to witness how uncomfortable she was when I arrived at the hospital as Nurse Matt was hooking her up to another IV dose of antibiotics, and giving her pain medication to take off the edge.

When her IV session was over, she turned into Miss Perky Linda.


I did have to represent the family at the latest social function last evening. It was a dinner party for 8 people, but there were only seven of us. This was the fifth consecutive day this week that I partied without my partner. We had a wine toast for Linda, but that didn't do much good as poor Linda spent her 11th consecutive night at Berkshire Medical Center.

The Grey's anatomy doctors probably just got through opening the bandage, and finished poking and prodding in the incision area. Linda usually calls me in a little while, and will give me a report of what they said.

Today is day 12 for Linda to be at Berkshire Medical Center. It is pretty normal for her to be semi depressed when you have been in the hospital for this many consecutive days. Like I said in previous e-mails, the doctors have been using the word "better" more often than they did a week ago which is a good sign. They haven't even mentioned or hinted at discharge date yet.

I have lost count of the number of roommates she has had during her stay at BMC.

She enjoys the food at the hospital. I think that she likes the part where she orders off of a menu, and the food gets delivered. This is what she calls the "Spa" part of Berkshire Medical Center.

My four loaves of Irish Soda Bread are all set for today's Art Show at the Lichtenstein Art Center. Our Irish Sister City crew will be setting up the reception table at noon. I will be cutting up the Irish Soda Bread into bite size pieces for our guests.

I brought an Irish Soda Bread for our dinner party last evening. The guests loved it. I had to go out and purchase more butter and butter milk yesterday. I forgot to purchase raisins, but I have a whole container of raisins in the refrigerator right now. The have been swimming in Whiskey all night long.

I promised a couple friends that I would make them some Soda Breads. I can whip up two loaves of bread in little over an hour which includes the preparation and baking.
The recipe is in my head. I can't share it because I might sell the recipe to a commercial baker one day including all the ways which I have tweaked the recipe. Actually our son should have the recipe for his restaurant "Dough East Boston". He can make the Soda Bread during the St. Patrick's Day Holiday for his customers.

Our son from East Boston did call Linda yesterday just before she was heading for a walk. He had to end the call because it really got busy.
Kyla and Max and the Herman twins went to visit Kevin at the restaurant around noontime, but it got so busy that Kevin didn't have time to socialize. The restaurant being busy was a good thing because his business was hit hard during all those snow storms. His customers had no place to park their cars because the snow took up several prime parking spaces next to his restaurant, and they just drove right by his restaurant. Oh Darn!

Well, I have to skim the local newspaper, and we will read the Boston Globe together in the hospital. I will put the four loaves of Irish Soda Bread in the car along with a cutting board, knife, and serving platter. The Art Center is a mile from the hospital. I will spend another four or five hours at the show without my partner. Oh Darn! Could I be suffering from a little depression? Not!

Have a great Sunday as Linda tries to make it through her 12th consecutive day at Berkshire Medical Center.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: