Monday, March 7, 2011

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

As I planned yesterday, I spent the day with Linda at Berkshire Medical Center for 8 AM until 5 PM. She did have another CAT Scan to see if anything else was going on. We thought the surgeon would come and see her after the scan was read. A medical staff person did come by, and told us that the scan did show improvement. We will have to wait to actually talk to the surgeon. The heard of doctors will be by to see Linda this morning before I come to visit her. Linda will tell me what they observe, and what they will be doing next to help with healing. They did change the antibiotic after the results of the culture was known. Every four or five hours, she gets a dose of the newest antibiotic. She was due to get doses at 10 PM, and 2 AM, etc. I hope that the infection has given up attacking her body. The nurses continue to change the dressing on the wound as it drains.

Linda did have a couple of visitors yesterday, but she didn’t want a whole bunch of people lining up at her door until she feels a little better. One person from our Irish Sister City did show up. Every time an Irish friend shows up, Linda always seems to have a CT Scan. The same thing happened last week when a different set of Irish Friends showed up. One of her close friends showed up on Sunday with a piece of one her Mom’s homemade pies. I volunteered to eat it, but Linda was saving it for a nighttime snack. It was a Boston Crème pie that I had to put in a patient’s refrigerator. You have to get a label from the nurses’ station so that no one would take the pie.

Today, I am going to the hospital a little before 8 AM. I have an 8:30 AM doctor’s appointment at the Medical Arts Complex which is located across from the hospital. I will then go back to Linda’s room to keep her company throughout the day. I might go home and take an afternoon nap and go back to the hospital from 3 PM until 8:30 PM. I have a feeling that this ordeal which has kept her in the hospital since last Wednesday is coming to an end. I hope that my guess is correct.

Weather – Pittsfield is right on the rain /snow line from the Sunday storm. The all day rain on Sunday has made so much of the snow disappear. I finally can get to my grill which is located on the lower level of the deck. The weather prognosticators are still saying that we could get a couple of inches of snow, but not the 8 to 12 inches of the white stuff that Syracuse, New York has been getting as the front moved through.

News – I checked a couple of news sources, but nothing jumped out at me. The rising price of oil, gasoline, etc. is what will affect all of our budgets.

Well, I am going to finish my morning routine, and head off to the hospital.
Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: