Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

I hope that all of you had a great start to this week. We were lucky in the Berkshires that we only picked up a dusting of snow after the rain changed from sleet to snow. The people west and north of us weren't so lucky.

This day starts off at a balmy 18 degrees for us in Pittsfield. We should get some melting as the temperatures rise to the mid thirties. We have a snow to rain event coming in Wednesday night into Thursday. The winter does't want to let go.

I will be heading back to the hospital in a few short hours to check on Linda. The surgeon who performed her surgery on February 23, 2011 came in to see her last evening as I was retuning telephone calls in the waiting room to my Dad and Aunt Gladys who wanted to know how Linda was doing. The surgeon said that he and his partner and the infectious disease people would get together, and decide how to proceed. He said that Linda might end up in the Wound Center in a hyperbaric chamber. Another operation is a possibility too. The saga continues!

Today will be the seventh straight day that I have been coming home to an empty house. When you have been together for almost 40 years, it makes for an unpleasant situation.

My dad and a Tuesday Mah Jongg friend think that I should take Linda out Berkshire Medical Center, and get her to a hospital in the Boston area. Linda and I think that it is too late to consider such a move.

I left the hospital last evening around 7 PM. Two of Linda's girlfriends came to visit her after I left. These two females project their voices quite well. Linda had to ask them to tone down their voices since her roommate, who arrived Sunday night, had surgery on Monday.

On a happier note, our son Kevin took his family to a Red Sox preseason game in Fort Meyers, Florida yesterday. He is training his 18 month old son to be a Boston Sports' Fan. They did see the Red Spx win the game. They saw a lot of players who are trying to make the team.

Speaking of Sports, I have a Boston Bruin hockey game to keep me entertained this evening after I return from the hospital.

National News -- When you have a loved one dealing with health issues, what is going on in the world, and locally has no relevance.

I do want to thank everyone who stopped into visit Linda, or who have sent cards or flowers, written emails expressing hopes that the ordeal will be over soon. None of Linda's caregivers have hinted at a discharge timeline.

Have a great day at work or play.
You all know what Linda and I will be doing today.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: