Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Family and Friends,

Linda had a quiet day in the hospital on Sunday. She did have three sets of friends visit her at various times which may have tired her out a bit.

I did leave her around noon time to go off to the "Forty Shades of Green Art Show. I arrived back in the hospital a little after 4 PM. She was just coming off a dose of antibiotics. She tried to last a little longer in between doses of pain medications, but she needed a dose before I left to go home.

Her white blood cell count is getting close to acceptable numbers which is a good sign, but her incision is still red, hard, hot and painful to the touch. The "Hernia from Hell" repair seems to be healing quite nicely. Her stomach muscles, which were cut to get to the hernia, are getting stronger each day.

The Grey's Anatomy doctors will be in soon to assess Linda's situation. The infectious disease doctors and her surgeon will be in to see Linda later on during the day.

I will give you an updated report from the hospital.

The Forty Shades of Green Art show went very well. We had one of the largest crowds ever. My four loaves of Irish Soda Bread were a big hit. I had brought sandwich baggies thinking that there would be some leftovers which I would give to some Irish Sister City Committee members who helped out with the reception. Not! There wasn't a single piece of my Irish Soda Bread left as the event ended at 4 PM. I almost made a couple extra loaves when I woke up Sunday morning, but I decided not to. Next year we will not run out of my Irish Soda Bread. Many people wanted my recipe, but I didn't give it out.

The Berkshire Eagle had a reporter at the Art Show. I think that we might get some positive press in the newspaper today.

I think that I am going to make four loaves of Irish Soda Bread before heading off to the hospital this morning. I forgot that Santa brought me a brand new "Food Saver Seal a Meal" device that can seal soft items like my Soda Breads, cookies, etc., which I can put in the freezer. I also promised a few friends that I would make them their own loaves of Irish Soda Bread.

I also need to make a loaf for sure for my Radio Show Host friend who always gives a plug to such events as The Forty Shades of Green Art Show as well as all the UNICO Fundraising events.

Social Calendar -- I have a UNICO Board Meeting at 6 PM this evening, and nothing else on my social calendar.

Oops! I forgot Liam Geddes, Irish Idol Finalist, and his dad Liam Senior will be arriving from our Irish Sister City Ballina, Ireland. We usually have a meet and greet gathering if it isn't too late.
Liam will be playing at the Colonial Theater on Saint Patrick's Day. This event starts at 7 PM.
I won't be able to attend this event. Liam will be performing at so many places during his two week visit that I will see him for sure at some Pub, restaurant or at the Sacred Heart Parish Hall party on Saturday evening from 7 to 11 PM.

I have all the ingredients to make the Soda Breads including my Whiskey soaked raisins. The raisins have been swimming for over 24 hours.

Oops! I was talking with a lady at the Art Show, and she said that one of her daughters makes Irish Soda Bread too. Her daughter soaks the raisins for her soda bread in "Tea". Which types of raisins would you prefer in your soda bread?


Well, I have to finish my morning routine, and start baking before I go off to see Linda. Have a great week at work or play. Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: