Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

I would like to tell you that everything went well for Linda on Monday, but I can't.
When the VNA nurse, who has dealt with Linda for the past three days, came to change Linda's bandages, the nurse observed something that she didn't like. I had to give her a magic marker so that the nurse could mark that particular spot. While Linda was in the hospital, the doctors did the same thing several times throughout the whole infection ordeal. They mark things to see if things change positively or negatively from day to day.
It is not like Linda feels sickly, but something might be going on besides the healing.
Since her day started with this not so great piece of news, she was an emotional wreck for a good portion of the day.
We will see what another day brings before we make a decision to go back to the doctor. The saga continues!

The chances of Linda leaving the house soon is also not good because when you are under the care of the Visiting Nurse Association, you are not allowed to leave your home. You can go out in your own back yard, on the deck, etc., but our deck has another coating of snow on it. Also the temperatures aren't exactly conducive to sunning yourself on the deck.
We even have another snow event coming in Wednesday night into the morning on Thursday. Oh Darn!

Speaking of Thursday, my UNICO brothers and sisters and I will be serving 400 Chicken Parmesan Dinner for the Brien Center Fundraiser that night. I have to be in the kitchen at 10:30 AM to help with the food preparation. I might have to ask some of Linda's friends (who are not sick) to keep Linda company, or at leas to visit her that day.

My UNICO meeting went very well last evening. The Tahiti Take Out food was a big hit. There was enough food that you could take some home. Linda's lunch is all set for today. I even brought home a fortune cookie. I hope that the message inside is a good one for Linda because she definitely needs her spirits lifted.
Of course, after every board or membership meeting we pick up more volunteer events to work.

Social Calendar -- Linda has none. She is missing another Tuesday Mah Jongg session.
I am meeting free, but I have a long grocery list which Linda would normally take care. She would have taken her coupons with her, and saved a whole bunch of money. I spend most of my time in a grocery store asking the workers where items are located. I will not be using coupons on this trip.

Sports -- I was able to watch the end of the Boston Celtic game when I arrived home last night. They beat the New York Knicks in MSG.
I think that I have a Boston Bruins Hockey game to keep me entertained this evening.

Golf -- Our golf course opened on Sunday, but I don't think people will be out there whacking a white ball on snow covered fairways. My clubs and cart are in the back of my car, and they might be there for over a week according to the week long weather forecast. Oh Darn!

Politics -- I didn't realize that the missiles that have been hitting targets in Libya cost 1/2 of a million dollars per missile. If the military shoots a 100 of them then we have spent a lot of dollars to put a whole bunch of hurt on structures and people. Just think what we could have done with those dollars to help our own people here in the United States.
Before the first missile was fired, our President said that we wouldn't be putting our troops on the ground. I hope that he sticks to that statement.
We never seem to learn from past wars and conflicts. Is it a genetic trait for us humans to resolve issues by killing each other first before we sit down and talk / negotiate ways to live in peace?

Well, I have to finish my morning routine quietly. The VNA nurse calls at 8:30 AM, and says that she will be there between 8:45 AM and 9 AM.
I think today we will be having a new nurse. The Russian nurse has Tuesday off. Oh Darn!

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: