Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

Linda and I bonded quite nicely on Wednesday since we were together all day. The VNA nurse changed the bandage at 9:30 PM which Linda prefers. The healing continues to be going well. We have a wound clinic appointment at 10:30 AM so the VNA nurse won't be coming today. Her surgeon and the infectious disease doctor will be looking looking at Linda today.

Yesterday, Linda and I went to Walmart. She didn't think that I could manage with a couple of coupons which were about to expire. Linda used the shopping cart as a walker. She lasted about 40 minutes before she had to stop her shopping adventure. She was physically unable to shop like she normally does. She has a while to go before she can return to her regular activities.

My sister and her girlfriend picked up my father from Baystate Medical Center around 1 PM. He is recovery from his procedure at his home in Lee. My sister decided to stay over at his house for a couple of days until she feels he can function on his own. My sister's friend and her husband usually spend the winter months in Florida. She might have made a mistake coming back to the Berkshires this year with the impending spring snow storm.

Social Calendar - I am leaving Linda this evening to attend, and participate in the UNICO celebrity Bar tending event at the Heritage Tavern in Lenox. I will be there at the 6 PM hour, but my 45 minute shift doesn't begin until 7:30 PM. My radio host show friend has been pushing the event on his daily program, and he said the he and his Polish Princess will be at the event on the early side of the evening. It should be another fun event that my Queen will be missing. Oh Darn!
After the Walmart attempt at shopping on Wednesday, there is no way that Linda could last 4 or 5 hours at such an event.

I am watching television right now, and it looks like the prediction of a spring storm is right on the mark. We are still in the 6 to 12 range for snow fall amounts, but higher elevations will get more snow. This will be quite an April fools' joke for all of us who live in the Northeast. Luckily, the snow will melt in a couple of days since the position of the sun in the sky is at a Spring Like angle.

Observation -- I earned a grade of "D" for shower and bath tub cleaning in the two upstairs bathrooms. Linda pulled back the shower curtains in both bathrooms as we both went upstairs to put on sleep wear, and she started to scream (just mildly). I thought that I did a pretty good job, but when the water dried there was a white residue in the shower and bathtubs. I guess that I must have gotten carried away with using too much cleanser. I told her her that the white residue would go away after taking a couple of showers. She didn't agree with my assessment of the situation. When we take a shower today, we will have to go in with sponges in our hands. If we were both working, we would hire a cleaning service to do the bathrooms. If you are wondering why Linda can't do the bathroom cleaning, she was hurting after just bending over and sorting out what bathroom cleaning chemicals that I was supposed to use on the bathrooms.

Observation -- A Mah Jong friend stopped by yesterday to pick up a new Mah Jongg card on her way home from work. Linda went through the whole story of her Hernia from Hell ordeal. Her friend was quite shocked to hear what Linda has been going through. This friend told us of her recent trip to Italy. She was with a group of about 12 people who bought this very inexpensive trip to Rome on line which included a few side tours included. She and her husband really enjoyed this trip, and they now have the traveling bug. Her and her husband loved Rome, the Vatican, the Coliseum, Venice, Florence, etc. She was another person who agreed with the Curley philosophy that "Life is Too Short", and that you must enjoy every moment that you are on this earth. This friend did admit that her and her husband are not financially well off, but when they see an affordable bargain on the Internet, they are traveling anywhere in the world. She even mentioned a trip to Ireland which has some off season bargains including airfare, lodging, and car rentals for about $500 per person if you can find another couple to go with.

Speaking of Ireland, we got word yesterday that we will have an Irish Guest from our Sister City in Ballina, Ireland. Mary Kelly will be with us in Pittsfield from July 1 through July 12. I believe that her trip is her vacation, and not a Sister City visit. I think that some of us can talk her into marching in our Fourth of July Parade, and the celebration of our 250th Anniversary of the formation of Pittsfield. I would imagine that our radio host show friend might want to have her for a one hour segment on his mid morning program. I can visualize a cookout on the Curley deck, or a late night party in my Man Cave.

Well, I have to finish my quiet morning routine before Linda wakes up. Have a great Thursday. You all know what the Curley's will be doing.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: