Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

I really enjoyed watching my Boston Bruins do battle last evening in my "Man Cave". They looked pretty good for most of the game. There aren't too many games left of the regular season before the hockey playoffs begin.

The Celtic season is getting close to coming to an end. Their playoffs will be starting soon too.

As the Hockey and Basketball Season winds down, baseball will be starting up soon. I think the Red sox open their season with an away game on April 1, 2011.

Now if the football players and the team owners can come to an agreement their regular season will start up in September.

Life without sports for me would be so difficult as I go through my "Golden Years."

It looks like my golf clubs will be staying in the back of my car for a few more days. We have another round of nuisance snow coming in later today, and into Thursday morning. We could have another 4 to 5 inches of snow on the ground when the storm exits the Northeast.

This latest round of snow better not interfere with the Brien Center Fundraiser at the ITAM on Thursday night. We don't want any issues or postponements when my UNICO brothers and sisters are trying to prepare 400 Chicken Parmesan dinners with all the fixings. I will be part of the initial crew of UNICO workers who will be at the ITAM at 10:30 AM on Thursday.

Linda will fen for herself on Thursday which isn't as bad as it seems. We are beginning to drive each other a little crazy since she is housebound, and one of her favorite recreational shopping buddies is in Atlanta.

After the Thursday Fund raiser we have two more UNICO events before March comes to an end.

News -- I skimmed the USA Today and CNN on line, and there wasn't much exciting news to report throughout the nation or the world.
I did see where a woman in Indiana is suing a cruise line because the ship was going too fast, and was making her, the workers, and many passengers sea sick. Do you think that this might be a frivolous suit?

Politics -- The President's decision to fire upon Libyans might come back to bite him. I am having trouble telling which Libyan is on which side of the conflict.

Imported Food from Japan -- I hope that our inspectors in the United States don't allow radioactive tainted food to enter our country.

News from Boston -- When I get bored watching the Albany news, since we are in Albany market, I switch to a Boston Channel. A report came out in Boston that the Ethnic group producing the most babies in Massachusetts are of Spanish descent.
I never forgot the story that a former middle school teacher in the eastern end of the State once told me a couple years before he retired. He was chatting with his 8th grade students one day about what their future goals might be as they were heading toward high school. A female, of Spanish descent, told the teacher that she wanted to get pregnant and have a whole bunch of children. She didn't say that she wanted to finish her education, and go to college. She never mentioned wanting to establish some kind of career. Making babies was the only thing on her mind. Do you think that she might have contributed to the above statistic?
I was also thinking who is and who has been paying for all these babies to be born? I hope that it hasn't been us taxpayers. Yeah Right!

American Idol -- The fans of this program love the latest set of judges. The television ratings have been spectacular. The millions of Americans who watch this program (not me), can name all three judges, but don't ask them who the Vice-President of the United States is, or what role does Hillary Clinton plays in the President's administration, etc.

Garbage -- Today is garbage collection day for us in this neighborhood. When I was home alone when Linda was suffering in the hospital, I couldn't fill up one bucket of trash. Today will big a two bucket day.

Grocery Shopping -- Linda made a crystal clear list for me for my adventure at the grocery store. I only messed up one item, the toilet paper. She atold me that there are certain items that you don't go for the bargain brand.
One time I came back with a 6 pack of paper towels, the bargain variety, and the paper towels didn't pick up liquid spills. The paper quality was so bad that if you used them as napkins, you could rip your skin off of your face.
Linda did give me two coupons to use which was enough for me.
The husband of one of our closest set of friends does all the grocery shopping in his house.
I can't wait for Linda to get better so that she can go back to purchasing the groceries for our house.

Today is pasta day in our house. I am going to use the slow cooker to brew up a batch of red sauce when I finish this email. I am going to add some sweet and hot sausages to the concoction. When supper time arrives, do I cook a batch of regular pasta, or do I use a more heart healthy variety?

I am hoping that the nurse from the VNA calls early today, and says that she will be at our house at 9 AM. If Linda had taken a shower yesterday, she would have been hanging around with a water soaked bandage from 8:30 AM until noon time, which is when the nurse arrived on Tuesday. Linda and I like routines, yesterday had us both out of our daily rhythm.

Well, I better get chopping and dicing (quietly), and finish my morning routine before the Queen wakes up.

Have a great Wednesday.
You know what Linda and I will be doing.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: