Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hello on St. Patrick's Day

Dear Friends,

The Grey's Anatomy doctors made the rounds for a second time at 4 PM yesterday. They told Linda that she was going home today. This will be a St. Patrick's Day to remember (day 16). She will be on a pill form antibiotics when she is home. Her bandage needs to be changed once per day. She is not allowed to consume alcohol while on the pills. She will be given a whole set of instructions when she is discharged. She is going to be house bound for several days because she doesn't want to catch anyone else's germs.

The St. Patrick's Day festivities began last evening for me at Spice. A bunch of us met Liam Geddes, his Dad, and Rebecca Leigh, the singer who will be singing first before Liam takes the stage at the Colonial Theater this evening. After an hour or so, we headed off to "Baba Louie's" for some more food, fun, and merriment.

There was a band playing in the back room at Baba Louie's. At this point, there were about 35 Irish friends as well as some regular customers in the room. Liam and Rebecca sang several songs, some alone, and some together. Essentially, we were getting a free concert. I really felt sad that Linda couldn't have been there to join us.

Around 9 PM, our social director said "Let's continue the partying at Lach's Lounge." I went there, and I waited in the parking lot for everyone to arrive. I figured that I could get myself in trouble so I drove home. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was in the arms of Morpheus!

Well, I will represent the family today for the St. Patrick's Day festivities. The social director said that she is going to Patrick's Pub and save a table during the early afternoon. After several hours, some of us will be heading off to various activities. The social director will be heading off to the Colonial Theater for the Liam Geddes Concert which starts at 7 PM.

I will be heading off to the Italian American Club for their version of St. Patrick's Day Dinner: Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner plus baked chicken, and pasta. There will be an Irish Soda Bread on each table too. Of course, there will be coffee and dessert. The Curley Lad will be with 9 other people.

Speaking of Soda Bread, Liam's manager is playing a little joke which you will be able to hear on radio (1340 AM) this morning. I will be involved with the joke, but I won't be at the radio station when things happen. Liam will be interviewed by my radio show host friend this morning.

After the St. Patrick's Day dinner, I have to come home and stuff 24 rolls with ham salad which I prepared yesterday. I will be representing the family for the final event of the day. This house party starts at 9 PM. It takes place at an Irish friend's home. I think that I will slice up one of my Irish Soda Bread's for the party too.

Normally, Linda would be with me at all of the above mentioned events. Oops! Who will be taking care of Linda while I am partying?

Linda told me that she would call me when her discharge was set in motion. It usually takes about two hours before she can walk out the door.

The partying for me continues on Friday. Maybe, Linda will feel a little better and she can partake in some of those festivities.

Have a great St. Patrick's Day.
You know that I will be having a great time for sure! The Curley Lad

No comments: