Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

Linda and I had a very pleasant day bonding together on Wednesday. Is that what they call it?

The encouraging words from her nurse, who came at out regular time of the 9 AM hour, made her so happy.

Actually Linda didn't like my "driving each other crazy" comments in my Wednesday blog. We have been getting along quite well for being together 24 / 7. For me, it sure beats me going back and forth to the hospital twice a day and sometimes even three times a day. For Linda, the inside of the family home is much better than being confined to one room, being poked and prodded a couple time a day, being hooked up to I.V. bags several times per day, and trying to make the time go by during the 15 day ordeal.
She still misses ordering food off of the hospital menu, and not having to worry about preparing the food, and cleaning up the mess after the meal is over.
Liquid Vicoden is another medication which she did enjoy taking.

Today I will make her breakfast, and then abandon her for the rest of the day while I work that Brien Center Fundraiser at the ITAM which I mentioned in yesterday's blog. I have all my stuff, which I usually take to these food preparation fund raisers, in my car already.

Observation -- While I was at Walmart getting some hospital gloves for the nurses who have been changing Linda's bandages, I was in the checkout line where the locked cigarette case was behind the cashier. I couldn't believe the price of a pack of Marlboro Cigarettes. The price for a pack of Marlboro's was $8.63. Oh, you could get a pack of the basic ones for $8.15. The minimum hourly wage is less than the cost of a pack of cigarettes. I do have several friends in my blog who do enjoy smoking so I am not going to be the whacky anti smoking protestor. For two hours of working at the minimum wage, I can purchase a bottle of Gordon's Vodka (with a five dollar rebate), which I did yesterday, and make it last for several weeks if I consume it in moderation. Neither of the mentioned vices is a good one, but which one damages the body more?

Observation -- One of my bloggers has a letter to the editor in the local newspaper this morning. He is an advocate of the Playwright Mentoring Program. In the Berkshires, a friend who was a Juvenile Court Judge started the program. He was sick and tired of seeing these youthful offenders constantly in his courtroom. He gave the offenders a choice of jail, or entering this PMP idea. The youthful offenders who chose not to go to jail, worked with these theater mentors, and became involved with the whole theater concept. Even though the program didn't save every youthful offender, the successes outweighed the failures. Some of the youthful offenders turned their lives around because of the program. Some sent letters thanking the judge, and some returned in person to the courtroom to thank the judge. Many times the troubled youth would create their own works with themes based on their own messed up lives.
With a majority of the youthful offenders, the problems in their lives began with the family or lack there of.

On a happy note, I feel great, and life continues to be good for me and Linda too even though Linda has experienced a bump along the road. Like I always say, when you think that you have a not so good situation going on in your life, there is always some else who is dealing with more severe issues.

Even though I am leaving Linda alone this morning, there are enough leftovers and sandwich meat so that she can survive without me. I told her that I would call her on my cell to see how things are going throughout the day.

I see where a bomber killed a bunch of innocent people in Israel. Will the violence throughout the world ever cease to exist?

Correction -- The missiles that we sent flying into Libya cost $1 million dollars per unit, not the 1/2 a million that I said that they cost in a previous email.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon! The Curley Lad

No comments: