Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

Another day in Curleyworld went as planned. It was really kind of nice to have absolutely no commitments.

I was mentally set to go ice fishing today, but I forgot that I have a Physical Therapy session this morning at 8 AM at the Medical Arts Complex. If I was going to go ice-fishing, I would leave the house at daylight; pick up bait at the bait shop which opens at 7 AM, and head off to Pontoosuc Lake. I would then drill some holes with my gas powered auger, and set 5 tip ups. I would be sitting in my folding chair communing with nature by 8:30 AM while waiting for a flag to go up. I could go fishing after therapy, but I am kind of anal when it comes to an ice-fishing routine.
Wednesday looks like totally commitment free day for me, but the temperatures won't be as warm as they will be today. Oh Darn!

Even though we had a free day on Monday, I spent four hours working on my ice-fishing gear. I had to replace lead sinkers with eco friendly ones. I have almost 40 tipups. Even though I have so many tipups, you can only use 5 per person in Massachusetts. I needed to work on all of them because, have ice fishing Derby to attend on February 18, in New Hampshire, and some of my friends don't have ice-fishing gear.
I moved the gear from the storage shed in the back yard to the garage. I wanted everything in the garage so that I could be able to load up the car in about 10 minutes, and head off to any frozen pond.

I just had a thought, maybe a weekend activity for me and some of my Irish and Polish friends could be a day on the ice. The weather is too warm right now for any ice-skating, but I could see a day of food, fun, and merriment. Maybe we could find a friend who has a snowmobile?

Linda's Chicken Soup is in the crock pot right now and it has been brewing all night. It should be spectacular by noontime. The Mah Jongg ladies will love it since Linda is hosting her Tuesday Mah Jongg session. I might dine with the ladies. After lunch, I will go in my Man Cave and study my Servsafe manual in preparation for my ServSafe recertification review and test night which will take place on February 14, 2012 at the ITAM at 6 PM.

Speaking of February, Kyla, our daughter-in-law from Tewksbury, had a dream Sunday night that she was going to deliver her baby on Super Bowl Sunday. I told her that I hope that this was only a dream. Both Kevin and I have Super Bowl parties at our respective homes, and babies are not allowed to be born on Super Bowl Sunday.

Four years ago, when our first granddaughter was born, the Patriots were playing the Giants in the last game of the regular season. Mike and Danielle were stationed in Las Vegas at the time. Danielle was in the hospital and she was getting ready to deliver her first child. The football game was on and Mike was watching the game and holding Danielle's hand. The timing of the birth worked out well, and Isabelle was born after the Patriots beat Giants.

The moral of these stories is that birth has to be worked around the Curley men and their sporting contests. Just kidding!

Continuing on with the sporting contest theme, The Boston Bruin Championship Hockey team was invited to the Whitehouse on Monday. It is a tradition that all championship teams are honored by the standing President at the Whitehouse.
Their all star goalie was noticeably absent. He gave a written excuse of why he did not attend the function. Goalie Tim Thomas, wrote some lame politically motivated letter explaining why he refused to attend the function. Well, Tim Thomas was the talk of every sports talk program yesterday and into the evening. Many of us Boston Bruin supporters are not happy with his decision. I think that the Boston fans should "Boo" Tim Thomas when he participates in the next Boston Bruin home game. These celebrations at the Whitehouse have nothing to do with Politics.

Papa Joe Paterno from Penn State passed away, and the Penn State students and Alumni are in a state of mourning. Who is shedding tears for the victims of the sex abuse scandal?

The Year of the Dragon with respect to the Chinese New year is supposed to bring romance and babies. Our mature single friends do hope that the romance part comes true in their lives.

Yoga took a hit with respect to a written article and a video which I saw on CNN online. There were documented cases of people who have injured their body while participating in Yoga Classes. We have a friend who is dealing with a bulging disk. She picked up that injury during a Yoga class several months ago. Of course, the Yoga instructors are speaking up, and claiming that injuries do happen. They also recommended that the Yoga classes should be given by certified instructors.

Politics -- Newt's popularity is not winning the support of Republican Leaders. These leaders must feel the same way that most of the conservative voters do that Newt can beat President Obama!

I have the Boston Bruins to keep me happy this evening. One of the Boston Bruins won't be playing tonight. Another concussion has him sidelined for this game. He got this concussion in a weekend game against the Flyers. Oh Darn!

The gasoline spill accident article which I wrote about sure fired up some of my e-mail recipients. Linda doesn't like controversy, but I love it. Isn't that the job of a writer?

Well, I have read the local newspaper, and put on my Therapy clothes. It is so relatively warm today that I might wear gym shorts.

Have a great day at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: