Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned in Curleyworld.

The medical staff at the nursing home has determined that my father has Thrush. If you don't know what it is, just go to WebMD to find out the symptoms and how to put an end to the illness. The Saga continues!

On a happier note, Linda's two events went well; Mah Jongg and Book Club. My Irish Sister City meeting went well, but the best part of the evening took place at Patrick's Pub.
I also feel great because I don't have to type up the minutes of the meeting since I moved up from clerk / recording secretary to vice-president.

The only booked in event for Linda and me today is a birthday celebration for another baby boomer that is 65 years old today. We have reservations for 6:30 PM this evening at Mario's.

Weather -- We are in a winter Weather advisory today even though we will have sunny skis and mild temperatures during the day. This evening we will get a dusting of snow. Tomorrow morning the wintry mix turns to rain. Oh Joy!

I did get my sporting license (fishing and hunting) yesterday at Walmart. The 65 to 69 year old age range gets a discount which I did. At age 70 the same license is free. I can't wait!
Getting older sometimes has its advantages.

Mitt Romney got the most votes in New Hampshire. Whoopee do! Can he win in States like Florida? I think not!
Newt's popularity is down the toilet. The saga continues!
We Democrats are still backing President Obama!
My radio talk show host friend beats up the President and his advisors almost every day of the week. He did so yesterday!

Patriots -- The Broncos are coming to down, but not without controversy. The American Atheists Association is objecting to Tim Tebow injecting religion into sports. There sure are a lot of people who must have a lot of free time on their hands.

The Boston Bruins won their game last evening after a sluggish start. The Celtics do battle this evening.

Observation -- While on the way to the Sister City Meeting which takes place at the Pittsfield Public Library, an impatient driver passed me. For the next three stop lights we ended up side by side. I arrived at each light a few seconds after this driver. I asked myself: "What did this driver gain by his impatience." I also noticed that the driver wasn't a teenager. I wanted to roll down the window and give him a piece of my mind, but I didn't want to get into a road rage incident.

We found out at last night's meeting that Liam Geddes, from our Irish Sister City, might be coming to the Berkshires to do some singing gigs. If my readers remember, Liam was a finalist in the Irish version of the American Idol contest. My radio talk show host will get a chance to have him on his daily program for sure! The time frame is the first week of February, but nothing is set in stone.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and get dressed. I am not sure if I am going to visit dad because Thrush has caused some nasty symptoms. I don't want to get sick, or pass on the illness to anyone else.

Have a great day at work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: