Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,



We had another pleasant day here in the Berkshires. I finished savoring another book as Linda went off to her appointment.

We had a quick lunch of leftovers before Linda got in her comfortable position on the couch, and hunkered down for an afternoon of listening to the radio auction from 1 PM until 5 PM. She picked up some wonderful restaurant food certificates which we will share with family and friends.



I decided to take a nap while she was glued to the radio.



We went off the Shamrock Restaurant & Pub last evening at 5:30 PM thinking that we would beat the rush. Not! The place was packed when we walked in the door, and continued to be so for at least two hours straight. If there is a recession, you couldn’t tell that it affected this restaurant. We met to other friends, and had a leisurely meal for at least an hour. When the meal ended, the women decided to hit the Macy’s store in the Berkshire Mall. I was able to go home alone and watch my Boston Celtic team win one on the road.

We won 30 dollars playing Keno which helped to make for a pleasant evening. Linda was also lucky on a couple of scratch tickets, but she is still waiting to win the big one.



The radio auction is on again today starting at 9 AM so you know what Linda will be doing. I have to do a couple errands, and wrap a birthday present for the 40th birthday party which we are attending this evening at the Skyline Country Club. There should be a lot of food, fun, and merriment for this full blooded Irish birthday boy.



I am going off to the Retro Fitness gym in a little less than an hour. The 6 AM weekend starting time does have a few more distractions that the weekday starting time of 4:30 AM. I hope that the distractions are at a minimum today.



I skimmed through the CNN news before starting this e-mail, and there is so much craziness which continues to go on iin the United States and the world. I usually look for things that jump out at me like the quarter back of the Steelers called “Gentle Ben” getting himself in a little legal trouble. A female has charged him with sexual assault. The other thing that jumped out at me is the sex scandal a the Vatican which involved male prostitution.

The pirates seized another ship. I think that these ships should have their own armed gunmen and big time weapons on their ships. How about if they had they had a couple of those military style helicopters loaded with everything that the military has on theirs? Take no prisoners would be my motto!



It is a balmy 17 degrees in the Berkshires. The weather people are predicting that we should hit the mid 40’s today. I will see if our cars need another washing. I love having a clean car.

Talking about clean, the husband of her nail person does power washing. He drove by yesterday, and took a look at our house, and gave us a price of getting the mildew off of our vinyl sided home. He said that if we could get another person or two to have their houses done too, he would even give us a better deal. You might be thinking that I should just get my own power washer and do it myself. I have borrowed one from my neighbor, and my sister. I have borrowed my neighbor’s ladder too. I can’t reach the peaks of the house (Colonial) with his ladder. At 63 years old, I am starting to get too old to be up that high on a ladder, especially when I am not a fan of heights. My gutters have to be cleaned too, and the guy said that he would even wash the windows on the outside for me.



I have to select my gym clothes, and head out the door to Retro Fitness. When I return from the gym, I have been parking my car outside of the garage so that I won’t wake up Linda with sound of the garage door opening. Yesterday, she said that she didn’t pay attention, and she backed out of the garage forgetting that my car was in the driveway. Luckily she backed out straight, or otherwise we would be dealing with a dent or two in my car. I decided that I am parking the car in our garage when I return from the gym.



Have a great weekend.

The start of ours has been great so far! The Curley Lad

No comments: