Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,



Another day went as planned.



Linda had fun at Mah Jongg especially since it was the first time that the session was held at one of the player’s home. Linda said the home was absolutely gorgeous. It was an old Victorian style home that has be completely restored except for a few small items. Linda said the antiques were priceless. The restored hardwood floors were perfect. All the players agreed that they should have had some games at this host’s house before.

Her girls’ night out at Mazzeo’s was wonderful. The food was great from appetizers to dessert. There were many people whom she recognized as she and her friends left the restaurant.



I came home exhausted from the Pasta Fund raiser. We served close to 250 people. The leftovers were pretty much nonexistent! I am not sure how much the PHS Italian Exchange Club made in profits, but they thanked my UNICO brothers and one sister (we have 8 or 9 female members) profusely. The golf chairperson gave my friend and I permission to continue to help serving the endless crowd at the fundraiser.



Social Calendar – I missed my 4:30 AM Retro Fitness, but I think that I will go when the beautiful people will be there.

Linda has a few ladies coming over the house this evening for knitting session. Yes, you heard that correctly! She made these “too cute” slippers several months ago, and her girl friends want to be taught how to make them. Of course, there are other things like hats and sweaters which she is going to teach them how to make.

I hope that they don’t use my man cave so that I can watch some kind of sporting contest.

I also need to gather some clothes for our weekend adventure in East Boston / North Tewksbury. Friday is the closing on Kevin and Kyla first home with multiple rooms and a yard. I can’t do the packing on Thursday because I have two wakes and the bartender’s fundraiser on Thursday evening.



Politics / Observation – I think the President is going to sign the Health Care Bill today. I think that the positives outweigh the negatives. I am not sure if I like the way they have decided how that were are going to pay for it. Maybe, if we didn’t have to spend so much money fighting wars, we could use those funds to help pay for the new health care bill. I am not saying to give up searching for, and eliminating the bad guys who want to destroy the United States, but there has to be a better way to complete this task.

Our President’s next task is to get people back to work. There are so many public works projects which could be done in every State. Our roads, bridges, and parks would be a great place to start. Every able body young person should not be sitting home waiting to find a job. Seniors, who want to work, and who are physically able to do the job should not be discriminated against.

There would be a lot less crime if people came home tired from at least an 8 hour day at work. My legs are still aching from my volunteering which went from 3:30 PM until about 7:30 PM. It is not a natural thing to sit home all day, and do nothing especially when you are young and able bodied. Even though I am retired, I can’t sit for too long. I can always find something to do whether it is inside or outside of the house. I always talk about watching sports, but I am not sure if I ever have watched a sporting contest completely. I often turn the volume down low, and read a book. If I am not exercising my body, at least my brain is getting a workout!



Well, a cup of coffee, along with reading the newspaper is how I am going to start this day. When Linda wakes up, I will go off with the beautiful people at Retro Fitness.

Have a great Wednesday!

Talk to you soon! The Curley Lad

No comments: